Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 April, 2015, 03:36:23 AM
Quote from: Goaty on 24 February, 2015, 03:39:25 PM
Wow!!!!

Both looks perfect!

Don't want to spoil anything here by sharing my opinion of the current choices for this film project.

Luke Evans

As Strontium Dog

& because I could find tall red headed male actors from the north....

Billy Connelly on stilts or using forced perspective to make look taller/bigger than Luke and in a costume very much similar to what he wore in the thirds Hobbit film.

Really meant to write....

Quote from: MyselfDon't want to spoil anything here by sharing my opinion of the current choices for this film project!

Has anybody ever considered....

Luke Evans

Steve Green

Utterly pointless making casting suggestions for a fan film - you may as well be asking for ILM to do the effects.

Matt and Kev will do a blinding job.

Stop me if I'm going against the grain, but sticking a 72 year old with early symptoms of Parkinson's on stilts while they swing around a battle hammer, might not be the wisest thing to do.

I suppose we should be grateful it's not Harry Styles.

Hawkmumbler

Billy's 72?! Blimey, would never have guessed that, though I was aware of the Parkinson's, alas.

Anyway, the behind the scenes still's look really damn good and i'm hugely excited for the finished product. Will it do a circuit tour first then be put up online again?

Richmond Clements

QuoteStop me if I'm going against the grain, but sticking a 72 year old with early symptoms of Parkinson's on stilts while they swing around a battle hammer, might not be the wisest thing to do.

But he has a beard! What more do you want!??

Steve Green

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 20 April, 2015, 10:12:42 AM
Billy's 72?! Blimey, would never have guessed that, though I was aware of the Parkinson's, alas.

Anyway, the behind the scenes still's look really damn good and i'm hugely excited for the finished product. Will it do a circuit tour first then be put up online again?

Cheers, I would imagine so - it depends a lot when it's finished as to where it's shown.

Film festivals tend to be more restrictive about something being online than conventions - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it though.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Steve Green on 20 April, 2015, 09:55:06 AM

Harry Styles IS doing the voice of the Gronk, right? Otherwise I'm out  ;)

ThryllSeekyr

Utterly pointless making casting suggestions for a fan film - you may as well be asking for ILM to do the effects.

Well, may as well share my suggestions regardless of the fan-film etiquette.

My earlier suggestion was Vincent Kassel, (See if you can find that one in the archives!) but he has aged some what since then and may not look right in that role right now!

Matt and Kev will do a blinding job.

Sure I guess, I haven't even seem them in action yet myself. So, I guess I was a bit quick to judge them.....yet!

Still, what do you think of my suggestion of Luke Evans. He has the appearance of Johnny Alpha even though he may seem a bit too old for some young twenty something bounty hunter mutant fighting his dad. Although this version.....

Doesn't look much like him at all. it's like he related to Judge Dredd with that huge chin/jaw of his.

Stop me if I'm going against the grain, but sticking a 72 year old with early symptoms of Parkinson's on stilts while they swing around a battle hammer, might not be the wisest thing to do.

Well, this was somehow covered in third Hobbit film using special FX. He really seemed to be throwing the rocks left, right and centre there.

Have a loom at what I did here after combining photos or at  least two or three older actors with this picture of Harry Styles....

Guess who the others are.....

You can see I messed around with his brow, lowering it in the middle more over his eyes.

It's supposed to be how I picture Slaine in real life using Harry Styles face and the face of one or two other actors much older than him to give him a more mature look. Preferably when he became king at j just over ages of 21 or 22 to 25. Yes, Of course I understand this isn't far from Harry 's real age. Given that my assumption that people age  or mature a little faster in the non-forgiving environment of those Pre-Dilluvian times.  That's why I might think it's okay for anybody from the age of 20-25 to portray somebody at least five years younger.

Yet, I'm not happy with this look and would agree if you thought it is just a little bit too creepy even for the likes of Slaine.  Although, I can't deny his distinct Leprekaun like features that may be applicable to a lot of Irish folk. That's how I would imagine Slaine to look. Just take no notice of his hair and that second picture may hint at some dwarf or goblin heritage as well.

If I found this picture to be agreeable with you all, I may use it for the template for a more cartoon version of him in that Slaine very short fan-featurette-trailer I said I was working on.

Spaceghost

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 April, 2015, 01:17:46 PM

Well, this was somehow covered in third Hobbit film using special FX. He really seemed to be throwing the rocks left, right and centre there.

Yeah Steve, simply hire internationally known comedian and actor Billy Connolly to play Wulf Sternhammer in your fan film, then use highly convincing and expensive CGI to make it appear as if he is taller than Luke Evans (or Harry Styles).

It's not rocket science mate.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Spaceghost on 20 April, 2015, 01:56:22 PM

Yeah Steve, simply hire internationally known comedian and actor Billy Connolly to play Wulf Sternhammer in your fan film, then use highly convincing and expensive CGI to make it appear as if he is taller than Luke Evans (or Harry Styles).

Don't tell your  hinting that  Luke Evans is bad idea for that role??

Steve Green

With all due respect to any actors you name - it's irrelevant.

We have our cast and we love what we've seen of them on camera so far.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 20 April, 2015, 01:59:30 PM
Quote from: Spaceghost on 20 April, 2015, 01:56:22 PM

Don't tell your  hinting that  Luke Evans is bad idea for that role??

Thryllseeker - just to be clear, people are saying that they don't appreciate you making this sort of post in a thread about the fan film they are putting so much effort into making.  If you want to masturbate fantasize over the casting of a Strontium Dog film, then why not start a seperate thread for it and stop derailing this one.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Steven Sterlacchini

One thing I've always liked about Johnny Alpha, is the way Carlos changes his clothes for different stories. Having said that I was pretty relieved that he is wearing his more 'standard look' in the new story.  :)

This picture has been sitting in my promo image folder for a while, so I thought I'd post it.

maryanddavid

ZenArcade

Vulf is looking gud with der happy stick! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Bat King

Quote from: Carlos Ezquerra on Facebook
They look like coming out from the comic, fantastic!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex