Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

I hope there'll be a showing of this in Hammersmith in February!

Pete Wells

I was lucky enough to be shown this yesterday. It's absolutely incredible!!! The production values are incredible and the casting is absolutely brilliant.

I can't rate this highly enough and can't thank the two Steves enough for doing it. Wonderful, wonderful stuff!

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Pete Wells on 06 November, 2016, 11:42:37 AM
I was lucky enough to be shown this yesterday. It's absolutely incredible!!! The production values are incredible and the casting is absolutely brilliant.

I can't rate this highly enough and can't thank the two Steves enough for doing it. Wonderful, wonderful stuff!

What he said, but in a more intelligible accent.  ;)

Steve Green

Not forgetting Dan, without whom Johnny would be without his gear, which I'm sure would please the Whittle.

Cheers all, I especially liked that Mackem scamp on the vidscreen at the end.

Steven Sterlacchini

Just a quick post to thank everyone, especially John Wagner, who attended the various screenings over the weekend. And thanks to Rebellion for giving permission for the public screenings.

We're hoping to run a version past Carlos Ezquerra at an opportunity convenient to him.

This was a special edit of the film created for Thought Bubble Comic Art Festival.

Considering that this was not the completely finished article, with some place holder effects and requiring some fine tuning and polish, we had a nice response from audiences with some valuable feedback to work on.

We will now head back in to our cave to get to work trying to complete the film for release on the on Youtube, possibly some time in May.

Here are a few photos from a special screening which happen on the Saturday evening (Photographer David Lindsay)

Rogue Judge

Sorry I missed it! But I had a good excuse,  with the Atlantic being im the way and all.  ;)
I'm surprised to see the Gentleman in the Oakland Raiders jacket, i thought you blokes in the UK didn't care for American football!  :D

Steve Green

That's Guy (Large48 on the forum) - he likes his AF, been in a film about it called Gridiron.

Dandontdare

That was so awesome! Great performances, great visuals and one of my favourite 2000ad monsters of all time. Big thanks to Steve & Steve for letting me attend the private screening, top evening!

I even got to meet (and offer my sympathy to) the long suffering Mrs Commando Forces

Pyroxian

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 07 November, 2016, 08:15:30 AM
Sorry I missed it! But I had a good excuse,  with the Atlantic being im the way and all.  ;)
I'm surprised to see the Gentleman in the Oakland Raiders jacket, i thought you blokes in the UK didn't care for American football!  :D

Its gotten quite a large following - hence the 3 games played in the UK every year :)

Eamonn Clarke

IIRC Guy played for the GB Lions, our national American Footbal team.

Dash Decent

Some familiar faces there!  Gosh, that young man in blue has certainly grown up, hasn't he?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Banners

Quote from: Steve Green on 07 November, 2016, 09:01:35 AM
That's Guy (Large48 on the forum) - he likes his AF, been in a film about it called Gridiron.

Wow—that was made here in Crewe and had its (somewhat overdue) premiere recently.

Steve Green

Yeah, also had Kev who plays Wulf in it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 November, 2016, 10:02:38 AM
I even got to meet (and offer my sympathy to) the long suffering Mrs Commando Forces

Caz said it was a delight talking to you and when I told her that you were the person who won the book of signatures and were adding to it over the weekend, it fleshed you out a bit more, from when I told her about it last Christmas.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 November, 2016, 12:03:15 PM
Gosh, that young man in blue has certainly grown up, hasn't he?

You're telling me, I've actually got a pair of hand-me-up boots (he's a 13 now). He's now around 6ft 3'ish and heading towards Mr Proudhuff in height :o

Caz was a bit worried if he'd be okay during the film but he behaved pretty well and seemed to enjoy the whole event.

As for the event, it was sneckin' great! Getting through the crowds in the shopping centre was fun, as they had a brass band going up and down the escalators and we had to make our way through Next to get to the top floor.
Cinema 5 & 1/2 was the place to be and on entry we were all given a SD Evidence Bag (goodie bag) which had a beautiful booklet inside, an SD pin badge and a drink credit with Tharg on it, which you handed over at the bar for a soft drink, or a massive beer. This was torture for me but I was given a spare to keep and  in the end everyone was told that if they wanted one to keep they would run some more off.

After everyone else started to arrive and mingle it was soon time to start the film and so we all made our way into the screening room, which had three rows of comfy settee's and armchairs.

After the introductions, the lights dimmed and the next 20 minutes just flew by. We had action with all the SD kit on display, stunning visuals, surprises, beautiful imagery from real locations, a bit of fun thrown in and of course the actors who made it work so well and made you believe it all.

The lights came up after a thoroughly well deserved round of applause and John gave it his seal of approval and then we went and all chatted about it in the other room again. Lots of pictures taken but then I had to take the family for a meal before I caught up with the gang later in the evening.

It was brilliant and the lads have shown yet again what can be done with love of the source material, dedication and their many skills. BRAVO :thumbsup:

Steve Green

Just chuffed people enjoyed it - all a bit stressful leading up to it, the escalators leading up to the cinema were blocked off because of some dance performance in the shopping centre, and we were told to go via Next.

We were carrying props, pull up banners etc so navigating through homewares carrying all that stuff was fun, then letting people know how to find us.

Now it's round 2 improving it...