Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Thanks everyone.The support means a lot to me.

Tjm86

Quote from: Smith on 20 February, 2019, 04:02:33 PM
I quit my job.I mean the place was falling apart,the money isnt as good as it used to be and people are leaving in droves...but honestly Im scared I was too impulsive.I dont have anything lined up and my stomach hurts when I think Im going to be asking for a job hat-in-hand.So im just walking around the flat and trying to think. :-(

Trust in yourself.  It is easy to understand the decision you have made having the impact it has but you have taken control of it.  If things are as bad as you say then it is highly likely that those that have stayed behind will have far less control over their destiny than you have.

One way of looking at your situation is, as you say, asking for work 'hat in hand'.  Another way is being able to determine what you are or are not willing to accept.  This is an opportunity for you to be honest with yourself, to choose opportunities that align more fully with your values and to find something more satisfying.

How much better is that than muddling through with an employer that is dead from the neck up?

Smith

So I went to the competition,they listened to me,even if they seemed kinda suspicious.I think/hope the interview went well,they will call me(or so they say) so yeah...fingers crossed.
In other bad news,my sister is in the hospital under observation because there might be "something".And that scares me,a lot.

Mardroid

That's rough, Smith. You're going through it lately. Hope things work out okay for your sister.

I trust the interview will be fruitful, at least.

Rogue Judge

Best of luck with getting a job Smith. I'm glad to hear you got an interview so quickly. Sometimes thats the hardest part.

I hope all goes well with your sister too.

Cyberleader2000

today has just been terrible I not only found out I'm getting no inheritance I'm now as quickly as possible trying to sell my parents cars then hoping with the shares as well I may get close enough to paying off £50000 mortgage on my brother's house so he doesn't get forced out of it worst case scenario I'm going to have to sell the house I'm living in (plus my collection as I won't have anywhere to store it) just to make sure he has a home he needs 24 hour care he can't afford to lose his home and I cant aford to lose mine either but least I understand it he would not and a few friends made me set up a gofundme campaign but now I feel super guilty that I'm having to do this I really just want to make sure my parents wishes are fulfilled and my brother can live a peaceful life they put so much of there money into this and I'm still failing him I dont know what to do I never wanted this responsibility but I cant turn it down as hes my brother and I'm not an uncaring ass and even after this vent I still dont feal like ive proplay expresed myself.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Frank

Anybody would struggle with the problems you have on your plate, bud. You don't have to handle any of it on your own - your local Citizen's Advice will help get your brother the care he needs and sort out your finances:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/search-for-your-local-citizens-advice/

The Legendary Shark

Jeez, Cybes, that proper sucks. Please remember, though, that it's not you who is failing. You are honouring your parents and helping your brother - win, lose or draw, that is absolutely not failure.

I know the forces ranged against you seem implacable and, speaking as a man who stood against them (for vastly different reasons), I have to say that they are. On a level playing field there'd be a chance, but they cheat. In my humble opinion, you have three choices: fight them, do as they say or beg for mercy. Start with begging, it probably won't work but it'll buy you time. Then do as they say, as far as you can (negotiate, negotiate, negotiate - and, above all else, remain calm and respectful), you might come up with a deal in the process but it buys you more time to see how they work and research solutions. Last resort is to fight them using what you've learned. But remember the old adage, "if you draw your sword against the king, throw away the scabbard." If it gets to a fight, odds are that you've already lost - so be prepared for that.

I fought the powers (for vastly different reasons) and now I live in a shed. I lost virtually everything. But I would do it again - differently, perhaps, but I'd do it again. Yet I did it for selfish reasons, because I was dissatisfied and curious, and nobody relied on me - except a Jack Russel, who is a good dog capable of being adopted. I only had myself to hurt, and I did.

You have your brother to think about. That makes your struggle infinitely more valid than mine, and infinitely more important. Avoid the fight if you can. Eat humble pie and bow and scrape and negotiate, negotiate, negotiate. You'll never win but you might force a stalemate, like Data playing the Strategema Master.

If you need any support, I reckon the folks hereabouts wouldn't mind firing off the odd email to relevant parties. If you need any advice then do feel free to pm or email me - but do bear in mind that the Council threw all my stuff away and I live in a shed.

For vastly different reasons.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

I kneel down next to students who are on computers to help them fix their bugs. I've done that for nineteen years, since becoming a teacher.  Turns out it wasn't a good move: I've badly damaged my right meniscus (the shock absorber of the knee, between the femur and the tibia) and can hardly walk because my knee is so swollen and owie. I might look cool with a cane (it's even an auto-unfolding cane so I feel like I'm part Transformer), but I'd rather not need it.

I've been hobbled. Figure that's pretty spuggy.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, Funt, knee pain is never fun. I hope it can be fixed quickly.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Ooh, not good, Funt - hope you can sort some treatment.

Look after your knees, Squaxx - you'll miss them when they're gone!

TordelBack

Rough one, Funt. As a professional kneeler* myself, you have my sympathies.

*Quiet down at the back!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 October, 2019, 10:08:55 AM
Rough one, Funt. As a professional kneeler* myself, you have my sympathies.

*Quiet down at the back!

I kneel a lot in my own job, but it's not so bad because I get to wear kneepads - which means I can take my Lawmaster (wheelbarrow) into the Big Meg (woodland) and use my daystick (hoe) and Lawgiver (trowel) on a multitude of perps (weeds). You got a permit to grow there, Creep?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++