Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

got to agree that in principle, a "defund the police" parallel story is a good starting point - one Wagner and Grant would/could have had fun with. 

The danger is the Garth Ennis ending - he did it with the Democracy storyline and with Helter Skelter -- the citizens should know their place and strong men are always required to pull your fat out the fire when the next bogey man comes along.

I;d say I'll be interested in what comes of it, but I;ve not been enthused by any of Williams Dredds, so I'll hope for an occasional Wagner or N-AI-Mand getting his algorythms synced up again

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 November, 2023, 02:35:16 PMOhh that's cool. So if you can get one which do you get?

Complete Button Man Apex

Of Arthur Ranson Apex

I'm really torn as I LOVE his Anderson... but come on complate Button Man original reprint... wow...
Button Man is a great story but it's on Anderson where he really gets to go wild with the art. A Ransom art book without any of those big splash pages from Satan would be a shame.
We never really die.

13school

Quote from: Leigh S on 14 November, 2023, 09:42:55 PMgot to agree that in principle, a "defund the police" parallel story is a good starting point - one Wagner and Grant would/could have had fun with. 

The danger is the Garth Ennis ending - he did it with the Democracy storyline and with Helter Skelter -- the citizens should know their place and strong men are always required to pull your fat out the fire when the next bogey man comes along.

I get the feeling Wagner would have kept this kind of storyline bubbling away in the background and then revealed it to be a front for something else entirely.

On the one hand the reader's interest in this kind of story is always "how are they going to wrap it up without trashing the very basis of the strip?"; on the other, once you build up to a certain point you really do have to wrap it up, and it's very difficult to satisfactorily end a storyline that promises to change everything without actually changing everything (which is why Day of Chaos ended the way it did)

broodblik

Coming to the prog in Feb 2024:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! A couple of new series start-the second series of deep-space adventure Full Tilt Boogie commences, courtesy of Alex De Campi and Eduardo Ocana, and there's more interdimensional weirdness in Indigo Prime: Black Monday by Kek-W and Lee Carter. Plus a social experiment divides Mega-City One in Judge Dredd: "A Better World" by Rob Williams, Arthur Wyatt and Henry Flint; there's horror on a 1970s film set in Thistlebone: The Dule Tree by TC Eglington and Simon Davis; and the final series of Enemy Earth wraps up, courtesy of Cavan Scott and Luke Horsman!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the meg in Feb 2024:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! Dredd is trapped on an oil rig with a hungry monstrosity in "Ravenous"; the heavy-weapons team deal with mutie cultists in "Harrower Squad"; there's another complete Tale From the Black Museum; and Devlin Waugh is back and dealing with a serial killer in "Toxic Avenger." Plus interviews, features, and much more!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

Swerty

Magnetica

Quote from: Dash Decent on 09 November, 2023, 03:05:59 AMJudge Dredd by Brian Bolland: Masterpiece Edition - Paperback, 160 pages, 18th June 2024

Reprinting the immediately sold-out Judge Dredd by Brian Bolland Apex Edition this Masterpiece Edition is expanded and reformated for a wider audience.

Judge Dredd by Brian Bolland: Masterpiece Edition – Acclaimed as one of the greatest artists of his generation for his work on such titles as Camelot 3000 and Batman: The Killing Joke, Brian Bolland's work on Judge Dredd helped catapult both the series and Bolland himself to international acclaim.

This book will include pages from the Judge Dredd epics; The Cursed Earth, The Day the Law Died, The Judge Child Quest, and Bolland's masterpiece Judge Death Lives. Also included is a gallery of covers ranging from 2000 AD to the Judge Dredd reprints published by Eagle Comics which brought Brian to the attention of American readers and show off Bolland's inventiveness and sardonic humour.

Sorry - late to this thread.

I am wondering what "expanded and reformatted" means?

Does that mean there will be additional content over and above what is in the "normal" Apex edition?

Having forked out, what was it, £80?, £100? already, I not keen to buy a slightly different version.

IndigoPrime

Expanded: more/new content. Reformatted: presumably smaller dimensions.

Dash Decent

... and the Amazon listing has lost the 'expanded and reformatted' part of the blurb.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 07 July, 2023, 02:37:34 PMHellman of Hammer Force: The Early Adventures: Volume 2 - Paperback, 128 pages, 28th March 2024

There has never before been an anti-hero like Hellman of Hammer Force in British comics!

From the invasion of Poland in 1939 through to the fall of Berlin in 1945, Hellman of Hammer Force saw action on many fronts, and this collection contains all the hard-hitting war stories told through the eyes of Hellman which were published in Battle from 1977 through to 1978.

This ground-breaking series of thrilling combat is written by Gerry Finley-Day (Rogue Trooper) and drawn by Mike Dorey (Ro-Busters) and Patrick Wright (Day of the Eagle).

Now to be released as "Downfall", with this evocative cover.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

Hellman Of Hammer Force - Downfall Webshop Exclusive Edition:

broodblik

Judge Dredd - A Penitent Man Webshop Exclusive: