Main Menu

DREDD movie tie in video game!!!!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 December, 2010, 08:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 December, 2010, 01:16:16 PM
The factory -rather than the Phantom Pod Race- in AOTC was the most blatant and the most pointless ad for gamers that also stuck out like a sore thumb.

The Factory scene is truly appalling.  That it was only conceived as an afterthought after principal phtography had finished and filmed  during pickups entirely in greenscreen in a warehouse filled with foam boxes is testament to its thoughtless crapness.

The production footage of poor Natalie Portman being 'directed' to jump. duck and roll away from some unspecified threats is painful.

TordelBack

On the other hand, the Podrace, love it or loathe it, was probably the largest prop, set and modelwork project in the whole of the Prequels.  Dozens of those gigantic pod engines were built at 1:1, and the whole canyon and stadium set was a practical model.  Ridiculous podracer aliens and two-headed Greg Proops announcer (my most hated thing in Star Wars) aside, it's pretty damn cool looking, and obviously a labour of love.  The AotC Factory scene was an inconsequential fuckup.

WhizzBang

I enjoyed Episode 1 Racer on the Dreamcast much more than the actual film.

Devons Daddy

forget the games.
get the toys. the Lawgiver (nerf style!)the spud gun (best post in weeks may I say)
replica props, matchbox or the like collectables. now we are all older and the internet is so much easier,
we can all biuld a CELLAR OF DREDD!

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Buddy

I'm still waiting for Sim Mega-City.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: WhizzBang on 29 December, 2010, 05:48:01 PM
I enjoyed Episode 1 Racer on the Dreamcast much more than the actual film.
Agreed. Pod Racer on N64 was ace, too! :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Peter Wolf

A free roam type game where you can explore the entire city would be a nice idea to happen.

Imagine how good that would be if it was done well.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

HdE

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Rog69

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 02 January, 2011, 07:19:00 PM
A free roam type game where you can explore the entire city would be a nice idea to happen.

Imagine how good that would be if it was done well.

I've often thought that the best way to do a Dredd game would be Grand Theft Auto style, with a sandbox city to explore with a well written main plot to progress through and lots of side missions and small stuff to do like arrests etc.

Rebellion should farm it out to Rockstar to do right now  :)

MR. ELIMINATOR

I would love to see a Dredd game, thought not a movie tie-in. They really do always suck.

If they were just to use the same engine and mechanics they did for AvP, that would still be a good game. As long as you were a first-person Judge Dredd, how could it fail?

Mardroid

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 10 January, 2011, 02:57:33 AM
If they were just to use the same engine and mechanics they did for AvP, that would still be a good game. As long as you were a first-person Judge Dredd, how could it fail?

I prefer third person games myself. I tend to get disorientated with first person games. And I like see the character do stuff!

I can see why a first person game would be the logical choice in a game mainly set in a Block though. They're a decent route to take in gaming, this is just a personal preference.

GordonR

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 10 January, 2011, 02:57:33 AM
I would love to see a Dredd game, thought not a movie tie-in. They really do always suck.

Actually, I thought one of the mistakes in the Dredd game was making it first-person.  If I'm playing Dredd in a game, I want to SEE me playing Dredd in a game.

Third-person adds much more personality to a game.  It's more fun to play as Lara Croft, Nathan Drake, Prince of Persia and - god help us - even Marcus Felix than as a pair of disembodied hands holding a gun. 

(The exception to this rule being Gordon Freeman, of course.)

Proudhuff

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 02 January, 2011, 02:58:57 PM
I'm still waiting for Sim Mega-City.

I'd prefer a sandbox of the Dredd Sin City, you know the floating Island with Sov spys etc
DDT did a job on me

davethomson

If any of you have a Playstation 3 and feel like sticking a ruddy great knife in the ribs of your nostalgia, the first movie tie-in game is on their network store.

I played it when it came out many years ago, it was atrocious then and I can't imagine it has aged well.
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: davethomson on 10 January, 2011, 11:21:59 AM
If any of you have a Playstation 3 and feel like sticking a ruddy great knife in the ribs of your nostalgia, the first movie tie-in game is on their network store.

I played it when it came out many years ago, it was atrocious then and I can't imagine it has aged well.

Dunno what this says about my quality control, but reading that I think I might check it out actually.