Main Menu

Does My Figure look big in this?

Started by Trooper McFad, 09 April, 2021, 09:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

McFad, that Lawson us incredible, I want one! The hair and painting,  all looks great 👍

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 31 May, 2021, 08:49:11 PM
McFad, that Lawson us incredible, I want one! The hair and painting,  all looks great 👍
Thanks Rogue. Unfortunately I don't do spares she's one of a kind and the more I look at her on the shelf the less I see the flaws.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

atp

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 31 May, 2021, 05:09:43 PM
I'm still hoping some more Squaxx will post their creations and share with the newest board members (including myself) the characters they have created in the past.
Really enjoying your work, good to see some good old kitbashing again.
Anyway here's my creative blast from the past.
https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=40935.0
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

Trooper McFad

Quote from: atp on 02 June, 2021, 03:45:38 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 31 May, 2021, 05:09:43 PM
I'm still hoping some more Squaxx will post their creations and share with the newest board members (including myself) the characters they have created in the past.
Really enjoying your work, good to see some good old kitbashing again.
Anyway here's my creative blast from the past.
https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=40935.0

Wow there's no words that I can add that's not already been said in that thread. I recommend everyone who's joined since 2015 to read the whole thread and see the effort and skill put into that build. It is truly at another level to my wee 12" efforts 😂😂😂

I really liked seeing the evolution over the months- I don't believe it will ever be topped unless you have something else planned?

I hope it doesn't put off anyone else posting their efforts as if still like to see and possibly learn from others projects. A few good tips I might try and scale down from your thread atp

atp

Your work on these figures is really great and nicely detailed
Taking a kit of one character and turnng it into a different character  is no easy task, and you have obviously nailed that task.

The poses for the Dredd & Batman figures are great, so unique, very different from the norm. It looks like they have gone head to head until they are both exhausted.
I especially like the Ro-Jaws and Haogy. The position of Hoagy's eyes really bring the  sculpt to life. I would offer one bit of advice, grab a pack of sculpey and scratch build a full figure, you have definitely got the skill to produce some outstanding pieces.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

Trooper McFad

Thanks for the encouragement atp I think it's a confidence thing and doing "human" faces is very daunting.

I have a few other conversions I'd like to attempt. The range of kits and what I can do to them is running out so I might just have to have a go 😳

I got the inspiration for the Dredd / Batman from a panel in Judgment in Gotham one of my favourite crossovers. Initially I wanted to go for their fight on top of the Train but that was gonna be too big for the space I have.

Trooper McFad

Well I thought it would take me longer than it has with other distractions going on but I still found time to mould, craft, cut and sand my latest attempt at a tooth character.
This time it's my first 1:1 (I think it's about right?)

Fellow Squaxx I give you Stogie.

When I first saw him in the prog I thought how great having an opinionated talking cigar. I loved him ever since so I had to create my very own.

I used an old toy from a burger chain I had lying about and cut away everything bar the hands, feet and body core. This allowed me to attach the milliput.

It was hard to find many colour references so I went for the one that I liked the most - cigar brown with brass trim.

As with Lawson I've posted primed, base coat and a few finished shots. I even used some filter floss from my fish tank supplies as a wee puff of vape.

Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Trooper McFad

Well fellow Squaxx I have finally finished what is to date my favourite creation. A GI trooper. (THIS IS NOT ROGUE!)
I have returned to using the revel model of the Riddler for my base.
I actually started his equipment in April whilst finishing Max Normal my other Riddler change over this allowed me to scale the items while waiting for the kit to be delivered.
Making all his wee bits & pieces was fun especially his Helmet.
The base is slate from the garden and a drilled hole represents a near miss!
For this project I experimented with home made decals and for the crappie inkjet I have the results aren't too bad. (you also need a spray varnish to fix the ink before applying to the model) Though for more detailed decals a better printer that's a little bit sharper would be preferable.
As per normal now I have pictures of it primed, base coated and then finished.
Hope you agree it ain't half bad for an amateur who's getting a bit more ambitious with every project finished.

Enjoy

Woolly

Wow! :O

Fantastic stuff on display here, especially the absolutely perfect Carlos Sanchez Robostogie!
I want one!

Sean SD

Luv the GI trooper, Trooper McFad
Great work!!

Rogue Judge

Awesome Rogue Trooper figure, well done!

Trooper McFad

First a big shout to those fellow Squax budding model makers who still have those projects that they have hidden away for years. Please post on this thread and share this with us your fellow 2K fans.

Anyway now that the Advent has started and I have posted my efforts here are a few more pics.

Details of the project are:

I used the minis from Warlord games (bought extras) and old pine curtain rings that were lying up in the loft.

The Anderson santa hats, string of baubles and tinsel are all made from milliput. (I did look for silver and gold pipe cleaners but couldn't find any).

I prefer the Anderson - I think the hat does it.

I did have another 3 minis to change but time ran out so I will park the for next year.

I'm currently busy with 3 other mash ups at various degrees of completion but with the crimbo holidays about to give me some spare time I should finish at least one.

Anyway have a happy Christmas when it comes.

Enjoy

I, Cosh

These are all brilliant. Can't believe I'm on this site every day and I've never seen that Stogie before.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Yeah these have been such a treatg and such a fantastic way to kick off the Advent Calendar.

Trooper McFad

Thanks guys but my hope is that this thread would winkle out more model makers (amateurs like myself).

This board is full of talent from the short stories, Dread heads, sketches, Lego builds etc I can't believe I'm the only one trying his hand at model mashups!