Main Menu

2000 AD Messageboard Cover of the Year 2021 RESULTS!

Started by Pete Wells, 03 January, 2022, 11:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

So.... the results are in and counted, and the winner, by one point, is...

Same as the OFFICIAL official Prog cover vote, yes, Chris Weston does a double whammy with his iconic jazz hands cover of 2260 (despite it featuring Walter!)

Narrowly missing the top spot, was the Dream team of Cliff Robinson and Dylan Teague with their Iconic Jaegar cover of Prog 2248:

Aaaaaaand in joint third place, it's Simon Davis' terrifying thematic Thistlebone cover of Prog 2232, 'orrible, and Dan Cornwell's amazingly trippy Dredd cover of Prog 2217! Fantastic!

HM's go to PJ who just came in fourth place for his Vertigo inspired Chimpski cover of 2234 and fifth place Cliff and Dylan again, for their soggy Dredd cover of Prog 2252. 

Well done to all the artdroidsm and thanks to everyone who voted, legends all!

broodblik

Good covers at least my first choice came in joined third :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

Didn't manage to vote in time, but I'm pleased with everyone else's choices!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Well I might only have voted for the 3rd placed cover (and one of the HMs) but its hard to be displeased with those covers getting so much love. Such a strong year for covers. Well done to the winner, all who placed and lets be fair all those who contributed to such a fantastic year in covers.

And what about the legend that is Wells. Well the folks round can't quite get the story straight. Some though say they saw him, ride into town. He ran that lovely quiz of his. Then one day just walked to the edge of town, shouted his results and with a nod of the head and a lovely wink to us all, just turned his back and rode off into this sunset. Some folks say he was on a horse, some say a snotty raindeer. All agree though he left with a bag of thanks and a million broken hearts behind him.

God we miss that lovely man.

Pete Wells

Oh man, I love you Colin (and I ALWAYS look forward, and with interest, at your choices for Cover of the Year, your tastes are always unique!) I really do hope to see you in the gorgeous flesh this year!

I say it every year, but I'll TRY and be more active on the forum this year, I'll have to see how busy snotty reindeers and slovenly snails keep me! I have, however, written a 2000 AD Covers Uncovered post, and plan to do ALL the Megazine ones going forward, I really do miss it, and this place!