Spoilers > Prog

Dredd: The Citadel

<< < (6/6)

Tjm86:

--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 April, 2022, 10:36:42 PM ---
--- Quote ---We don't get to see if the clone's badge had a tracker on it.
--- End quote ---
I’d say at the very least that’s inferred by the artwork.

--- End quote ---

More than inferred, surely.  TBH though I missed the detail on a first read.  The colouring makes it blend a bit into the background brickwork.  I read that as deliberate, linking to the idea of Winterton's questionable memory.  What is remembered is what is attended to ...

--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 27 April, 2022, 05:42:37 PM ---One of the issues I'm struggling with, in terms of accepting The Citadel as being set during The Apocalypse War, is that the design aesthetic doesn't match up. The Sovs are using a bunch of equipment we never saw during the original depiction, so it seems like a visual reboot.

--- End quote ---

The artwork was one aspect of the story I had an issue with on the first reading.  Like I said, the visuals seem more in keeping with modern than early-80's Dredd.  Thinking about it from the point of view of memory issues though, it does make sense.  I know it's over-analysing but ...

--- Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 April, 2022, 07:50:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Richard on 27 April, 2022, 05:45:24 PM ---Artistic licence. Dredd doesn't really wear a new uniform in every story, it's just different artists' depictions of the same hardware.

--- End quote ---

Dredd: Stomm, is it Brendan McCarthy week again already…? Have I really gotta wear this gruddamn helmet? It looks like a drokking wok!

--- End quote ---

IIRC there was a strip about that once up a time.  Want to say Fabry or Pugh on art.  Thought it was Prog 500 but got that one wrong.

Proudhuff:
The Sov-Dredd did seem to be a bit of a 'throw away' (sorry) plot angle and not fully thought through.

I could be totally mis-remembering, but didn't the big W used to run stories by some or our now sadly departed boarders to Mega check them?

maryanddavid:
There was one other source of good quality
Dredd clones outside of MC1 at the time, the Judda.
They had no love for MC1, its plausible that they supplied the clone.

Richard:

--- Quote ---The Sov-Dredd did seem to be a bit of a 'throw away' (sorry) plot angle and not fully thought through.
--- End quote ---
I don't see that. The whole story was building up to something along those lines from the first episode. Wintertime said he had some dirt on Dredd from the beginning.

As for the Judda, they wanted to take over the city for themselves. It wouldn't be in their interest to help someone else do it. Nor would the Sovs spare them, knowing what their agenda was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version