Main Menu

***SPOILER-TASTIC Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith Thread***

Started by ukdane, 21 May, 2005, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Result. Where's that from? Reads like Kevin Smith to me.

Bolt-01

Tweak72

but also whos to say how long the montage at the end of RotS covers its Vader and The Emperor building on thier success it could even be five or even more years later when the death star is being built (there would have to be a lot of rebuilding to do after the war any way) im sure its not just ten minuets anyway
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

LARF

Who's to know that they were not building two death stars with the second one in production half way through the build of the first?

Bad Andy

Or - They could have put twice or thrice the manpower into building the second Death Star because they started losing the war and needed it up and running bloody quickly.

Mr C

Regarding this whole "Emperor conceiving Anakin business": The Emperor never says that Darth Plagius was his master, he says that it's a Sith legend. So this Plagius chap could have lived a few thousand years ago. Plus, it could have been a lie told to Anakin just to get him thinking that maybe the dark side could give him more power than the light. And Palpypoo says that the information regarding creation of life/ressurection is lost, but together, tey could find it.

Just my two cents.

More importantly though, with C3P0 and R2D2 being given to captain Antilles at the end, how do you factor in the Droids cartoon series into the continuity? Eh?

IndigoPrime

:: Where's that from? Reads like Kevin Smith to me.

It's from Clerks.

Bolt-01

Bico

Has anyone seen the extras on the Phantom Menace dvd where George Lucas addresses Kevin Smith's criticisms of Jedi?  Seems to me that this might clear up the arguement.

gnilleps

I seem to've missed that, where abouts was it?

Bico

rebelwivoutaclue

I dragged the wife along last sunday to see it and thought it was a vast improvement over the frankly awful ep 2 and dull ep 1, fits in nicely with the original i thought, specially liked the low tech 70's look of the blockade runner that they all meet up on near the end, just think 20 odd years later vader comes down the corridor snapping necks and ranting at his daughter.

One of the final scenes with uncle owen looking out over tatooine in lukes classic pose with the original music made it for me, really, really good.

Fab in fact.

However, whats this i read on a website somewhere that Lucas wants a bit of time off before possibly making another one? I thought he was just after making a 100 episode tv series, but (and for the life of me can't remember the site) according to rumour he'll make one more film, set hundreds of years before the original film, possibly only featuring yoda.

Anyone else heard this? Sounds good to me.

Dudley

only featuring yoda

120 minutes of little cgi green alien, wandering about in a vaguely mystical way?  SOLD!

Bico

What I really don't get is how come ET's people voted for such an obvious bad 'un as Palpatine.

Mr C

Because they're evil.
Seriously, have you never seen the directors cut of ET with the scene at the end where ET's back aboard the ship and the other ET says to him:
"General Zorklor, we intercepted your message and saved you from the planet of the hairy unwrinkled ones. What is thy bidding?"
to which the cute little alien replies:
"Target that filthy planetoid with the Deathoid Lazooka and put this plant in some water will you."
And then the world explodes.

opaque

The whole thing about the Death Star is easily explained away. If you can make nukes it doesn't stop you buildings machine guns does it. Different weapons for different things. They had a whole galaxy to control.

I finally saw it today (virtually empty cinema, loads of legroom, lovely and cool) and it was kind of what I was expecting. Looks good and links everything in together but generally nothing special. I agree that the films could have easily have been squashed together and made this a much better one.
I liked thr fact that really it's all Mace Windu's fault in the end :)

Was surprised to see how they showed Anakins near death, now if the whole film had been as 'real' as that it would have been much better.