Main Menu

***SPOILER-TASTIC Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith Thread***

Started by ukdane, 21 May, 2005, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebelwivoutaclue

the website is www.cinescape.com and its only a rumour, although said rumour has popped up on different websites and an intriguing piece of information reaches my ears/eyes that everyone at Lucasfilm had to sign a confidentiality agreement concerning future star wars FILMS, not tv series, when they worked on Sith.

HHmmmm, intriguing this is.

Max Kon

wasn't the second one smaller as well. i seem to remember it was

Bico

colcool007

Saw the film last Fri and I personally thought it was bucket-loads better than 1 & 2. McGregor did a great job in impersonating a young Alec Guiness.

While parts of the the movie were contrived and wooden, I thought the best bits were:

1.  The montage scene showing the execution of 'Order 66'.

2.  The space fight when Anakin and Obi are trying to get to Grevious' ship.

3.  The final show-down between Anakin and Obi while the metal spar sinks slowly into the lava. Now that did look good.

The worst bits were:

1.   'Nnnnoooooo!' How contrived was that?

2.   Hayden trying to look mean and moody, when all he appeared to be was constipated!

3.   Trite dialogue between Palpatine and Anakin.

Overall, worth going to see, but be prepared for rough patches. Still miles better than Menace or Clones!

Pete Wells

Hmmm... all this timing of the death stars is fair enough but I always wondered about the time scale in Empire Strikes Back. I'm confused that after Hoth, Han, Leia and co. go on a little adventure (astroids, then on to Bespin) and it would appear to me that not a lot of time passes (one or two days tops.)

While that's going on, Luke manages to go to Degobah and ddo lots of jedi training and stuff which would suggest a much longer period of time would have to pass. I know Luke's strong in the force and all that but I always felt the timescale in Empire was a bit wonky.

Am I wrong?

Pete.

Funt Solo

Aye, good point.  

I guess you have to assume that travel time from the asteroid field to Bespin is longer than it seems, plus you could factor in time spent on Bespin prior to Vader's little dinner party (where some time has obviously passed since C-3PO's disappearance) and then you could figure that they're getting tortured for a long time before Luke shows up.  Add it all up and you could stretch it upwards of a month.

Back to Dagobah, and you could consider that perhaps the training has not gone on all that long.  Yoda does point out that his training is incomplete:  whether that means by days, months or years isn't made clear.

[star trek mode]A gravometric anomoly, centred on Dagobah, causes time to pass slowly relative to the rest of the galaxy, whilst not effecting relative localised gravity.[/star trek mode]
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Gothmog

Plus the Falcon's hyperdrive wasn't working.
They never got to use the hyperdrive leaving Hoth so you have to asssume the asteroid belt was within/close to the Hoth system so Cloud City/Bespin would be a completely different star system.

I'd guess Luke had the longer journey to Dagobah but he was travelling through hyperspace while the Falcon was travelling at sub-light speeds.

Which causes the slight problem that potentially it could've taken years, decades or longer for the Falcon to reach Bespin.
Unless someone gave them a tow...

Funt Solo

Hmmm - the asteroid belt (or at least the Imperial fleet some time after the Millenium Falcon has clung to the hull of one of their Star Destroyers, which you have to assume is in the same system as the belt) is not in the Hoth system:

LEIA: What did you have in mind for your next move?

HAN: Well, if they follow standard Imperial procedure, they'll dump
their garbage before they go to light-speed, then we just float away.

LEIA: With the rest of the garbage. Then what?

HAN: Then we've got to find a safe port somewhere around here. Got any
ideas?

LEIA: No. Where are we?

HAN: The Anoat system.

LEIA: Anoat system. There's not much there.

HAN: No. Well, wait. This is interesting. Lando.

He points to a computer mapscreen on the control panel.
        Leia slips out of her chair and moves next to the handsome
        pilot. Small light points representing several systems flash
        by on the computer screen.

LEIA: Lando system?

HAN: Lando's not a system, he's a man. Lando Calrissian. He's a card
player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.

LEIA: Thanks.

HAN: Bespin. It's pretty far, but I think we can make it.

In the scene prior to all this, Yoda has already risen the X-Wing from the swamp, and in the scene immediately afterwards he's balancing upside down, and he sees his friends in pain on Bespin, which Yoda points out is in the future.  Following that, we see the Falcon flying towards Bespin.

Given that, we have to assume that there's been a long sub-light chase all the way from Hoth to the asteroid field in another system:  which must have taken ages.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Gothmog

True, I'd completely forgotten about the reference to the Anoat system.

That means they travelled from Hoth to Anoat then to Cloud City in Bespin without hyperdrive.  Hope the holo-chess table was working ok.

Funt Solo

So, when Leia says "I love you" and Han says "I know", it's actually because they've been going out for months.  Holo-chess only kept them going for so long.  I hate to think what Chewie and C-3PO got up to.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Will I. Cooling

"Episodes I and II could have been condensed into one film and then the next two films could have dealt with Anakin turning and Palpatine taking power- possibly incorporating the storylines from the Clone Wars cartoon (which to my mind, was a lot more entertaining that either of the first two prequels). "

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Oddboy

Chewie & C3PO? No way.  You hear what was said in 'Sith' about Yoda having a special relationship with wookies?

He he he.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

johnnystress

I enjoyed this movie but Maddox review is spot on

Link: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3" target="_blank">Maddox Review