Main Menu

Where dust goes to gather...

Started by Trout, 18 September, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

"And I thought my shelving system was disorganised... on the outside".

Hawkmumbler

Theres a hoose, loose, aboot thise moose.

TordelBack

Trout has apparently gone to the bother of creating a high-end CGI video purporting to show his lovely supposed shelves, in order to pull the wool over the eyes of the Twitterati. But it's all lies, there are no shelves and there never will be.

Proudhuff

You can fool some of the Twatterati  some of the time...
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Trout on 10 July, 2019, 03:36:31 PM
Wider shots of shelves, please!

And, honestly, I will add mine. I just need to find an image-hosting solution that isn't blocked by my work laptop. Then the basement of thrills, the Fortress of Zarjazity, will be revealed. :)

ahem!!!
DDT did a job on me

lincnash

This seems like the spot for Squaxx's collections of 2000AD metal miniatures.

My old digi camera died about 14 months ago and I've discovered the poxy 5M camera phone isn't really up to the task of in detail close ups but it's make do with what I have.

Warlord Games Dark Judges and spirit forms, all my own work :-)
I like to do a 2000AD 4-colour palette like the Prog covers and centre spreads of old.
Not really into multiple layers of dry brushing or spending more time making the base look like a diorama than actual figure painting time.

... and I also found this Heavy Metal piece stowed away in the '2000AD metal' collection.

Not 100% certain but think it may have been the 2003 or 2004 subs gift.
mmm Zarjaz!

Trooper McFad

Great stuff LincnashOZ. Never seen those spirits forms before.

For the the Strontium Dog & "new" Dredd minis I went for a monochrome pallet but with every mini having one small area a splash of colour. Won't be to everyone's taste but I like it. Decided to go down this route as most of the stories I read back in the day were monochrome. The splash of colour was just a fuck it moment on one completed mini and i liked it so much I added it to the rest. Almost like a signature.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

lincnash

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 December, 2022, 07:44:35 AM
Great stuff LincnashOZ. Never seen those spirits forms before.

For the the Strontium Dog & "new" Dredd minis I went for a monochrome pallet but with every mini having one small area a splash of colour. Won't be to everyone's taste but I like it. Decided to go down this route as most of the stories I read back in the day were monochrome. The splash of colour was just a fuck it moment on one completed mini and i liked it so much I added it to the rest. Almost like a signature.

That's the best thing with these miniatures.
You can go with colour accuracy in homage to the Prog and Thargs art droids, B&W like the toilet paper of old or any paint application you desire that makes you happy.

Here's the Warlord Games box front and back, showing of the figures and spirit forms.
The box has release date of 2013, didn't realise they are a decade old!
The suggested paint application looks very monochrome in my eyes (and the pics are better than my phones close up 28mm miniature shots).

ZARJAZ!

JohnW

I used to have Pa, Junior, and Mean Angel in 25mm from Citadel and, if I say so myself, I did a hell of a paint job on them. You'll have to take my word for it though, seeing as they're long gone 🙁
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: JWare on 18 December, 2022, 09:47:28 PM
I used to have Pa, Junior, and Mean Angel in 25mm from Citadel and, if I say so myself, I did a hell of a paint job on them. You'll have to take my word for it though, seeing as they're long gone 🙁

I'll take your word for it. 👍🏻

JohnW

Your faith in me is touching.🥲
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Here's a few of my Stront minis. These are all Metal and I prefer these to the Dredd from Warlord games but i understand that costs may have driven the change.

I've not yet started the Dredd minis (apart from the Xmas decy's) but I'm queued up with my larger projects I don't know when I'll get them started.

I've only posted a few of my favourite ones and i believe the monochrome effect brings out the detail in the figures pretty well.

JohnW

Colin YNWA

I love the little flashes of colour.