Main Menu

Where dust goes to gather...

Started by Trout, 18 September, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Thanks guys - sometimes the colour flashes aren't bright or contrasting enough so might have to rethink some shades for the Dredd minis when I get round to them.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

lincnash

Oh! my poor heartses.
They look really good and the contrasting Red S/D badge is a nice touch.
I especially like that you have based them on Gingernut biscuits, good use of pastries there.
:-)

Trooper McFad

Quote from: lincnashOZ on 19 December, 2022, 07:07:21 PM

I especially like that you have based them on Gingernut biscuits, good use of pastries there.
:-)

😂😂😂😂 I never saw that until you mentioned it and now that's all I see. It's just sand from a local beach but I might have to paint them before I dip them into my tea 😂😂😂

lincnash

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 18 December, 2022, 10:02:35 PM
Quote from: JWare on 18 December, 2022, 09:47:28 PM
I used to have Pa, Junior, and Mean Angel in 25mm from Citadel and, if I say so myself, I did a hell of a paint job on them. You'll have to take my word for it though, seeing as they're long gone 🙁

I'll take your word for it. 👍🏻

Quote from: JWare on 18 December, 2022, 10:09:12 PM
Your faith in me is touching.🥲

You may find my lack of faith, disturbing.
;-)

My Angels are not minty vintage '83 but later Warlord's from 2013 :-(
Incomplete and in need of more paint application and finish the bases off (McFad's great suggestion lower in post).
Will be a major pain to get the red/yellow stripes on Pa's shirt, but I'll do my best.

I like how Warlord went with Mean having both arms, just how we met him.
Before Dredd did surgery with a Lawgiver GP round.
IIRC "Dang Lawjockey shot my arm off. Lucky it wasn't my good one".

Still experimenting to get the best from a poxy phone camera.

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 19 December, 2022, 10:12:47 PM
...just sand from a local beach...

Excellent suggestion.
I had been trying various 'sand colour' paints to find a Cursed Earth look on the Angel's.
May pop down the beach over Xmas and bring home a pocket full (usually a bum crack full and I'll never know how it get behind the ears).
;-)

Trooper McFad

Those look dam good LincnashOZ I have my fingers crossed that Warlord release the Angel family- but will they do a 2 arm Mean or a 1 arm.

If you've never added sand to bases before my process is to use a PVA glue slightly watered down. Carefully coat the base(and not my lovely painted figures) and dip into the tub of sand and knock off the excess. Depends how watered down you've made the glue you may not pick up the desired coverage just let it dry and repeat.

I have an image of your sand down under is lovely and golden 😁 mine is from a beach in the Firth of Forth 🙁. I'm so jealous as I want golden sand- may have to travel up the west coast to source some better sand but not this time of year.

lincnash

Thanks McFad, they're far from finished but wanted to get some pics up.
Will follow up later when I'm happy with the paint app and completed the bases.
With many projects on, who knows when that will be.

Googled Firth of Forth to get an idea of your locality, looks to be a beautiful part of the World.
Then got amused because you are writing from the North Sea area, while I'm writing from the Southern Ocean coast.
Small World.
:-) :-) :-)

Leigh S

LEts see if this works - Warlord Stronts to start....

Leigh S

Leigh S

JohnW

Wow.
I'd call you a big show-off, but y'know, if you've got something that really deserves showing off...
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Those are superb Leigh. The details you pick up are brilliant way above my level (& shakey hand and failing eyes)

JohnW

Shaking hands and failing eyes is right. A few years back I put together a few 1:72 tanks for old times' sake. I chose tanks because camouflage patterns are all I can convincingly manage now. (Also, muddy-looking dry brushing conceals a multitude of sins.)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: JWare on 21 December, 2022, 09:01:50 PM
(Also, muddy-looking dry brushing conceals a multitude of sins.)

I wholeheartedly agreed 😂😂😂😂 and that's when I paint the larger figures.

Leigh S

Cheers!

My plan was to get through all the backlog of minis, but then the Slaine ones came out - need to get back to averaging a mini a day as my New Years resolution

A couple more randos

And All the Wulfs

JohnW

All the Wulfs? By der gotts, Leigh!

(And Owen Khrysler sporting a mini-toga in lime green, I see. Bold fashion choice.)