Main Menu

Just an idea, Mr Carter...

Started by El Spurioso, 02 September, 2002, 07:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Spurioso

Okay - so when you're a sad gimpus-maximus like me, desperately attempting to waste time instead of doing any real work, flicking through the messages on the messageboard until someone - okay, PVS - arrives in the chatroom to prop-up the metaphorical bar for several hours, there are some things that are VERY important.  Specifically, when you're a time-waster, it's important to fool yourself into thinking that you're actually being as efficient and quick as is possible: otherwise your brain twigs that you're deliberately distracting yourself and the whole charade falls-apart.

Sooo, how's this:  It occurred to me that an enormous amount of time is spent returning to the 'main' messageboard page before clicking on another thread.  Wouldn't it be a little easier if each thread had a "Previous Thread/Next Thread" link, to save me the three seconds it takes to do it the long way?  Thinking about it, having written this post probably consumed more time than I'll ever save if my fantastic suggestion is implemented, but I can rest easy in the knowledge that everyone else is shaving copious amounts of time off their site-usage all thanks to my supreme sacrifice.

Haythangew.

Wake

There is a previous thread/next thread link at the bottom of the thread pages. However, it is based on the thread number, not the most recent reply. If you change to /bbsorder 2, the threads will appear in numerical order and the next/previous function is more useful.

Cheers,

Wake