Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Old Tankie on 06 June, 2017, 05:29:38 PM
Bollo

Genuinely laughed out loud at that. Nice to see senses of humour being retained.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Old Tankie

Yes, sorry about that, don't know what happened there, must be getting tired!

Jim_Campbell

Bollo

Exhibit A in the "Is Tankie trolling?" discussion. I'm assuming that was meant to say "Bollocks", from Mister "I don't mean to offend anyone".

I asked a simple question, arising from Tankie's previous posts. I asked it politely and explained my reasoning. I had to ask twice for an answer, at which point we finally establish that Tankie wasn't actually disagreeing with me. It doesn't have to be like pulling teeth.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Old Tankie

Get over yourself Jim, if I had meant to post that I would have finished the word.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 June, 2017, 05:40:33 PM
Bollo

Exhibit A in the "Is Tankie trolling?" discussion. I'm assuming that was meant to say "Bollocks", from Mister "I don't mean to offend anyone".

I asked a simple question, arising from Tankie's previous posts. I asked it politely and explained my reasoning. I had to ask twice for an answer, at which point we finally establish that Tankie wasn't actually disagreeing with me. It doesn't have to be like pulling teeth.

Jim and Tankie finally meet...
DDT did a job on me

Old Tankie

Proudhuff

That's  proper trolling!  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Professor Bear

Quote from: Tony Angelino on 06 June, 2017, 05:30:39 PMNorthern Ireland

Is not an equivalence.  NI was a religiously and politically-polorised society under military occupation.
Although we're fine now.

Jim_Campbell

—EDIT: DELETED—

That was unhelpful but rather illustrates my point. I have been unswervingly polite and reasonable in this exchange, and then Tankie types half an insult, claims that what wasn't he meant (he must have been too tired to finish it, eh? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink)... well what was the end of that sentence, Tankie? Please enlighten me.

Old Tankie

The Legendary Shark

...well what was the end of that sentence, Tankie?

"Bollo is an ape who lived in the Zooniverse during the first series of The Mighty Boosh and later joined Naboo in the flat and the Nabootique during the second and third series." ?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 06 June, 2017, 06:26:47 PM
well what was the end of that sentence, Tankie? Please enlighten me.

Actually, don't bother. You're just a wind-up merchant and I've got better things to do than elevate my blood pressure trying to extract the smallest amount of sense from you.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Professor Bear on 06 June, 2017, 06:17:15 PM

Is not an equivalence.  NI was a religiously and politically-polorised society under military occupation.
Although we're fine now.

Aye, we've no government and there's uncertainty over how the border is going to work, but no one has been shot or blown up. I'll take that win.
You may quote me on that.

Tony Angelino

Quote from: Professor Bear on 06 June, 2017, 06:17:15 PM

Although we're fine now.

An equivalence to what? I was making a point about police numbers.

I'm also not sure how you define "military occupation" but I don't think it is an appropriate phrase to use in respect of Northern Ireland.

Old Tankie

I was genuinely trying to have a joke with you Jim, we are just not going to get on are we? No ones fault, very different people I suppose, I won't respond to your posts in the future. All the best.