Main Menu

Millar's KaPow Comic Con London - April 9th n 10th

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2010, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

Actually I effed up , it isn't the direct link , this is..
Apologies if he's a fellow boarder gulp..

http://s994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/strontium71/?action=view&current=004.jpg
...because I hate you.

spireite68

The guy in the red  t shirt was at Kapow and is COMIC BOOK GUY from The Simpsons. The dosnt do him much justice but i swear it was him!!!!! Thanks for the pic Stronty.

http://s994.photobucket.com/albums/af68/strontium71/?action=view&current=004.jpg
You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

strontium71

Yeah , he's a bit hidden away there , but it was him though
...because I hate you.

doggettX

What actually was Movie X ?

And was it actually a flm or just a trailer or what ?

:-*

Steve Green

doggettX

Steve Green

Seems to be the case, according to various tweets.

I had to get some work done, so I wasn't hanging around on Sunday...

Colin YNWA

Well back home after KaPow and it was a mixed bag.

The good: was meeting so many fine folk from the board.

The bad: not really having enough time to speak to everyone as was also catching up with some friends I'd not seen for an age and being old and grumpy the pub was too loud to do both comfortably

The good: so much to do Saturday I didn't get even close to doing it all

The bad: not enough to do Sunday so much so I popped off for a good chunk of the afternoon for a speedy visit to some of my favourite bits of the British Museum

The good: Some great stalls and bargains to be had (particularly fond of the deal at Cinebooks)

The bad: not enough back issue bins so my want list is barely dented

The good: Meeting Chief and seeing the brilliant binds he gets done

The bad: this new found expense to my wife!

A mixed bag all in all but well worth it.

Dunk!

Truly sorry I missed this, purely for the boarder evening meet up.

and now the fact that Khandie Khisses was there apparently. sigh
"Trust we"

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall post many things later and lots of pics, as I'm having some family time but here is just one of those pics to wet your appetite.

Where's DREDD?

matty_ae

For the dads out there I would say that Bristol / Bham = day out at Blackpool, and & kapow = Disneyland.

It was faster, relentless, much better tied in to other media but just on a whole new scale. You had to wait longer but you got to see much bigger names but ultimately spend less time with them.

I sat in the millarworld panel full 750 seats and standing, 2000ad had  a 500 seated less than a third full. So first of all miller has turned is into a movement. He has spotted the tv link I hadn't MASSIVE queues for Skins and Merlin (who would have thought).

deep down I'm still rather fond of blackpool, it's familiar, safe and still pulls in the crowds but this was a whole new level and I hope it continues next year as it has the best chance of getting comics to a new audience. You had to choose what to do and stick with it or risk seeing nothing. but the overall experience was quite overwhelming. I do now consider millar to have the influence in the 10s that 2000ad had in the 80s. He has a real zeitgeist of cynical, optioned in advance but well structured comics...

strontium71

Judging by the size of the crowds , I think it's a given that it was popular enough to hopefully come back next year. The brilliant weather didn't hurt either.
...because I hate you.

Steve Green

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 April, 2011, 08:57:59 PM
I shall post many things later and lots of pics, as I'm having some family time but here is just one of those pics to wet your appetite.

Where's DREDD?

If the next frame isn't full of red, I will be disappointed John :)

Steve Green

Anyone want to animate that and stick it on a conveyor belt over a pit of molten steel?

rogue69

Movie x was Super. I spoke to quite a few pissed off people who had qued for nearly 2 hrs to try & get in only to be turned away & then told what the film was. The que went around nearly the whole of the top floor.