Main Menu

Digital download progs in 2000AD shop

Started by DrJomster, 03 December, 2010, 10:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

Have you seen all the digital download progs on the 2000AD shop? Looking good!

I wonder if there are plans to add any of the trade paperbacks here? (particularly as I don't have enough space and can't afford a bigger house!)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Kev Levell

If you add this lovely bit of code to a side bar 'widget' on your blog/wordpress or whatever... it will lead other people to the digital download progs page automatically... hopefully increasing the traffic to that page and ideally provoking purchases to support the comic we all know and love.

Quote from: w3bz on 03 December, 2010, 12:49:15 PM
Just copy and paste the following wherever you want it to appear ;)

Quote<iframe scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" width="105" height="200" src="http://shop.2000adonline.com/widgets/latest_prog/index.php"></iframe>

Please do add this widget if you run a blog or similar... even if our collected efforts only directs one lapsed reader back at least we will have tried.

and if I'm not mistaken, that post gets me an upgrade from a prog stacker! Wahoo, pointless gratification and meaningless accolades ahoy!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Jomster on 03 December, 2010, 10:15:39 PM
Have you seen all the digital download progs on the 2000AD shop? Looking good!

I wonder if there are plans to add any of the trade paperbacks here? (particularly as I don't have enough space and can't afford a bigger house!)

If there arent plans to do so there should be since all the TPBs have been digitally scanned anyway before publishing.I would definately buy some of them.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

DrJomster

I would SO buy TPBs in digital form!

As it happens, Santa (read Mrs Jomster) has a big wish list for print TPBs, which I'm really hoping I get rather than a new watch! I'd happily move gradually to digital though.

What worried me so far about the DriveThruComics collection is that it doesn't seem to have grown, TPB-wise, for ages. If the 2000AD shop really went for it with digital TPBs, that concern would be out the window! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

bluemeanie

Not me... I'd change my hard subscription to a digital one if they were released on the same day as, sacrilegious as this might be, I do see the floppies as disposable.
But I LOVE my books on the shelf. No way I'd ever go digital for trades, even after I eventually fold and get an ipad or equivalent.

Peter Wolf

I dont see digital TPBs as a replacement for hard copies as instead they should be something that exists alongside hard copies.I dont subscribe to the school of thought that advocates that because there is a new format it should make the previous format redundant or threaten its existence.Not in this instance anyway because i want both.

Mardroid

Quote from: bluemeanie on 05 December, 2010, 01:27:03 PM
Not me... I'd change my hard subscription to a digital one if they were released on the same day as, sacrilegious as this might be, I do see the floppies as disposable.
But I LOVE my books on the shelf. No way I'd ever go digital for trades, even after I eventually fold and get an ipad or equivalent.

I agree (apart from the disposable floppies, but I can understand why others do that). I'm happy to download my Prog although it would be nice if it were out the same week, but where a collection is concerned I like a physical book. Which is probably daft, as I've run out of space on my book-case. And that's mainly from other books, novels. I don't have all that many GNs. (5 2000 AD related so far, although I plan to increase that number.)

I feels slightly gutted getting Fiends of the Eastern Front this year only for a new version to come out a couple of months later including a sequel I didn't even know existed! Still I bought it dirt cheap second hand so my complaints are pretty small.

IndigoPrime

Well, we're running out of space for 'stuff' in our house, meaning we either have to cull or stop buying. Digital gets around that. It's also fab when you can, say, take an iPad or Kindle on holiday, rather than paying through the nose for heavy baggage. I still prefer paper for comics and trades, but I'd happily buy the best of them digitally IF the price was right.

w3bz

Yeah there are defo plans for Digital...well...everything, GN's and all the like (I know I've got a backlog of Meg's to sort) as well as the back catalogue of progs ;)

Peter Wolf

I guess its a potential problem that digital TPS could be copied or shared for free and i have no idea if this can be prevented because otherwise its obviously going to affect sales of physical and digital copies.

Quote from: w3bz on 05 December, 2010, 05:13:04 PM
Yeah there are defo plans for Digital...well...everything, GN's and all the like (I know I've got a backlog of Meg's to sort) as well as the back catalogue of progs ;)

Fan-tastic.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 05 December, 2010, 05:15:44 PMI guess its a potential problem that digital TPS could be copied or shared for free
Comics are already shared for free. Within hours of a comic being for sale, you'll find scans of it online somewhere. Thing is, like the music industry, the comics industry needs to wake up to the fact that there are a lot of honest people out there who value the convenience of digital and would happily pay to avoid the hassle of arsing about looking for dodgy copies.

It's good to see Rebellion sorting this stuff for 2000 AD.

Emperor

Quote from: w3bz on 05 December, 2010, 05:13:04 PM

Any plans for getting in the iShop or on Graphic.ly/comicXology/Longbox?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

exilewood

I must say - I've got the first 1500 progs all on a little external hardrive. It makes things a lot easier - plus, somehow it feels very right, to be reading tomorrow's comic today on my computer screen!

John Caliber

I'm all for digital if the TPBs are discounted (like the digital progs) and they are uploaded on the same day of release as the hard-copies (which is definitely something the progs and Megs need to be too). The .cbr format is wonderful as I can decompress the archives, take them apart and make smaller files out of the stories I like.

Hmm, it'd be nice to try colouring some of the older Dredds if I could get hold of cheap digital Case Files. Restoring the colour centre-spreads might be fun.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/