Main Menu

Which one?

Started by judge cooper, 20 November, 2013, 09:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Yeah tbh the Steam Box is looking like by far the most attractive option right now - and I have several friends who feel the same way. I can see Sony and Microsoft's 'please them all' approach getting caught in the middle between the ftp/casual/mobile mainstream and the hardcore/traditional crowd who want more 'proper' games - who I can see migrating to Steam Box in droves.

I tend to mostly play small-ish games - basically XBLA Arcade kind of titles - polished, accomplished but bite-sized indie games, and Steam seems the place to be for that kind of thing. And then when I do want to play something like the latest Batman or GTA, I'll have the best, most graphically-advanced version of it.

shaolin_monkey

Which one is getting the new Star Wars Battlefront?  I'm getting that one.

If Battlefront is getting a dual release, I'll get the console that doesn't have a Playstation 2/3 style controller.

That said, I'm waiting for the prices to come down a bit first.  I really can't justify forking out that amount of money on either, when I currently own several working consoles, a gaming rig PC (with nVidia 3D Vision which is AWESOME) and a couple of handhelds, ALL with unplayed games on them.

judge cooper

Battlefront 3 is most likely going to be a dual release
NAZI ZOMBIES!!!YYYEEEEEEEEEAAAARRRGH

CheechFU

This.
Steam + emulators
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNZ9AVMkU4

So I started up a little project with the following in mind.
  -99% of all controls, must be through the gamepad.
  -the remaing 1% is for limitations in Steam, popup windows login, some purchasing pieces etc.
-The following emulators were necessary.

Dolphin (Wii, and Gamecube)
   Project64 (N64)
   Snes9x (SNES)
   JNes (NES)
   Fusion (Sega Genesis)
   PSX (Playstation 1)
   PCSX2 (Playstation 2)

Other Software
   Steam
   Xpadder (For Maximize and Close buttons on 360 controller)

Link Prime

Neither for me this year, but will likely get a PS4 towards the end of 2014 (my hand will be forced by Fallout 4 at some stage).

Still plenty of gaming to keep me going til Crimbo- almost wrapped up Arkham Origins, then back to GTA V / GTA Online for a few weeks.
Christmas 2013 will belong to two old favourites though; A Link Between Worlds on 3DS & Super Mario 3D World on Wii U- nothing I've seen or heard about either has led me to believe im in for anything more than gaming genius.

GrinningChimera

Neither. I currently play 360 but with no backwards compatibility there is no reason to stick with Microsoft. I don't like the idea of paying for a camera I am never going to use. And from what i have seen, neither console has a CD tray. If either one had, I would go for that one. Looks like I'll be holding out for the steam box.

Besides have you seen the bargains to be had when steam have a sale?

And yes, a CD tray really is that important to me.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 21 November, 2013, 08:38:56 AM
I'm easy - Nintendoland is one of the games we wanted as part of a bundle for a joint pressie between me and Tiny Tips (Pikmin 3, Zombie U, Rayman, Zelda, Batman Arkham City)

That's it ordered. In a bizarre turn of events, Mrs Tips, who does not like the huge 17 year old 32 inch CRT in the family room decided to buy a nice new 32 inch hdtv. Really odd as I was saving for a 50 inch 3d tv for my significant birthday next year. She says I can still get that as well.

Bottom line is we get to play the Wii U in glorious HD sooner than expected. Get, as they say, in!

I'm so pleased I might even let her have a shag later.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

shaolin_monkey

Woah there hoss - you don't want to give up the goods that easily!

CheechFU

Are this gen seriously pushing 50 quid for games?

Devons Daddy

Tough call
We had ps1 went xbox and 360.
But are highly likely to go ps4 this time.
How is the ps network for online?

Son plays live a lot and it's superb.
The non backwards compatible leaves the door open for sony.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!