Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

The latest 2000 AD Thrill-Cast is now up on iTunes and Soundcloud, with special guests Matt Smith, Simon Davis, and the legendary Pat Mills!

iTunes: www.2000adonline.com/thrillcast
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/2000-ad/tracks

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 April, 2015, 10:46:47 AM
*Licks end of pencil and pulls out Pat Mills Bingo Card*
What categories are on the Pat Mills Bingo Card?

Greg M.

Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but these are usually a good bet:

(Written with huge affection for Mr. Mills, as is hopefully clear!)

Fungus

Ha  :)
Found myself listening to an old podcast at the weekend, it was a PM interview and it would not be far off a full house, above. What struck me was his enthusiasm in answering questions presumably for the thousandth time, he's got a bonkers amount of charm and energy. Looking forward to 'his' ThrillCast a lot.

sheridan

Quote from: Greg M. on 15 April, 2015, 02:31:53 PM
Haven't listened to the podcast yet, but these are usually a good bet:

(Written with huge affection for Mr. Mills, as is hopefully clear!)

Shall have to remember to print out a couple of copies of that before going home to listen to them!

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

ThryllSeekyr

Been listening to this today and thought Pat Mills sounds different, and I don't think I have ever heard Simon Davis. (Have seen and heard Michael Molcher and Matt Smith

Not sure who's in charge after listening to both artist and author. Wether artist draws to the literature or if the literature is written to the art.

I really need to listen to this a second time, but have heard Pat Mills say his piece twice and thought about wether he was serious about some of what he said. Remembering when his talk of giants in found in Albion then and the rest of Tir-Nan-Og in the past is about Titans (If anybody noticed I left a comment on another thread about using the Greek name for this....well, anyway, I hadn't finished saying my piece about that one!) he did say -words to the effect- that in the past, episodes of Slaine giants seemed young or were drawn in a certain way. (If memory serves me correctly...) and just now I thought maybe the meaning of Tir-Nan-Og would later become Land of the Giants.

Not sure how to alter the original language there. Maybe a expert could help out with that.

Those other pocast I started listening to as well... both Kev Walker and Alan grant remembering the latter's talk of Dero's or Derro's

Muon

I'm really enjoying this podcast. Molch-R's an engaging and knowledgeable host. His saucy Sid James laugh is awesome - gets me thinking his interviewees are making dirty jokes if I zone out a bit while listening. It was great to hear Simon Davis and Pat Mills this week. A past highlight for me was Carlos Ezquerra with his bluntness and honesty.

Great stuff. I hope this becomes a well-established fixture.

Molch-R

The latest 2000 AD Thrill-Cast is now up on iTunes and Soundcloud, with the first part of a special in-depth interview with writer Emma Beeby!

iTunes: www.2000adonline.com/thrillcast
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/2000-ad/tracks

Quote from: Bogbrush on 16 April, 2015, 04:23:26 PM
I'm really enjoying this podcast. Molch-R's an engaging and knowledgeable host. His saucy Sid James laugh is awesome - gets me thinking his interviewees are making dirty jokes if I zone out a bit while listening. It was great to hear Simon Davis and Pat Mills this week. A past highlight for me was Carlos Ezquerra with his bluntness and honesty. Great stuff. I hope this becomes a well-established fixture.

Thanks for the kind words - really glad you're enjoying it :)

The Monarch

Well done keeping up the fortnightly scedule the podcast is fantastic

AlexF

Yeah, continuously excellent podcast. Molcher's affable interview style seems to be going over well with the guests - looking forward to plenty more!

I do love the intro music, too, it really nails a British Sci-Fi tone.

Thank you to the people who make this happen.

robert_ellis

Great Podcast - I hope the ones about the Mega Collection carry on as well. It's lovely to hear a new (to me) writer's take on Dredd & Anderson. I thought the discussion of humour in stories was apt. The recent sensitive klegg was a welcome break from Chaos Day misery. I'd love to see Anderson find some kind of happiness & regain her flippancy.

sheridan

Didn't see any mention on here for the second part of the Emma Beeby interview going online...

robert_ellis

Part 2 was great - more of the same but much fun. I'd really like to hear from John Smith in future. I've never seen him at a convention but I'd love to hear about his thoughts on Devlin Waugh, Tyranny Rex, Indigo Prime etc