Main Menu

Red Thorn

Started by Fungus, 01 December, 2015, 01:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

A new Vertigo title that looks fantastic and promises a lot, by that David Baillie. One especially for the Cal Hab contingent; set in Glasgow, it may do that Taggart thing of offering up landmarks to spot...?   :)

Anyway, Mr Baillie pops up on Radio Scotland shortly, and this will be available on iPlayer.

Proudhuff

On the rain-soaked streets of Glasgow, a girl whose drawings somehow come to life has just stumbled across her one true love. And thousands of miles below those streets, an ancient demi-god plots his escape from the prison where he's been held for nearly two thousand years. Evil forces are at play and no one is safe as the legends of Scottish mythology collide with the modern world. Fans of FABLES and THE SANDMAN won't want to miss this riveting dark fantasy epic!

Looks promising, anyone spotted this reviewed it?

DDT did a job on me

Old Tankie

Not read it myself, but the reviews seem o.k.

Zarjazzer

I got it sent to me by my kindly sister who was wandering through FB in Glasgow when they had a signing. Very slow burn for me and different to what I normally buy (sci-fi cyborgs/aliens/fantasy tropes), but definitely interesting, the first book is almost entirely set up the main character only appears at the end. Still intriguing. I also had some blurb sent from some Scottish paper about how the creators worried they might not be able to " sell" the idea of a story set in Glasgow. Fortunately not so.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.