Main Menu

Prog 2156 - Gangster's Paradise.

Started by NapalmKev, 02 November, 2019, 11:57:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Jacqusie on 09 November, 2019, 05:39:56 PM
Quote from: McNulty on 06 November, 2019, 01:07:58 PM
...not a fan of Brink. Its bland story, its simple artwork and its glaring colours are not for me. I just don't like it.

It goes on a bit without much of a story I'll agree with you there and the main woman with her pouty head shots are just that and not much else. Far too many dud panels of strange looking people doing very little really.

I know most people think the sun shines out of Dan Abnetts pen, but Ive never been a fan sadly and his 24 episode dreary sagas are competing with Pat Mills for who can eek out a series the longest with the least content.

Brink is great and Dredd's always on form with this classic script and art pairing, lets hope that they return one day with a new Stronty Dog...

My sarcasm filer has broken. Is BRINK your thing or not?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Frank

Jacqusie means he thinks Hope is brilliant, not Brink. Someone mixes them up every week.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: dweezil2 on 09 November, 2019, 07:28:32 PM
Quote from: Frank on 09 November, 2019, 07:17:04 PM

One was created by Alan Moore and the other by Wagner/Grant. Neither of those two parties take a strong proprietorial interest in the strips they created, so who knows why this crossover you dream of never actually happened.

No "Thargshead Revisited" mashup then?!

It maybe best left in my dreams!!  :lol:

Cripes but I loved Tharg's Head Revisited. Loved it at the time and even more as an adult when I finally got the in-industry jokes, and the dirty ones for that manner.

I know they've tried similar stuff in anniversary progs since, but nothing quite matched that level of stinging wit and Mad-Magazine-style detail.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Yeah, the absolute highpoint of 2000AD's self-aware cool for me too, never equalled.

Proudhuff

Quote from: norton canes on 07 November, 2019, 08:50:49 PM
Alex in the centrespread of prog 2073?

The J. Geils Band sung about that didn't they?
DDT did a job on me