Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Caballistics Inc vs. Al’s Baby Round 2 Heat 56

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 March, 2022, 06:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Dear diary as we enter Week 7 of Round 2 I worry that folks will need reminding that Dredd isn't included in the draw. He's not in the tourney at all as he'd simply dominate and there would be no potential for a surprise result. So right from the off he was excluded and folks who discussed it seemed to be cool with that... but do people know this? Week 7 reminds me of this as it has one of the favourites to win the whole thing in it...

So what's the opposite of an utterly mismatched tie last Heat 55, well Caballistics Inc vs Al's Baby. Wow in a week when Holocaust 12 or Dry Run will bag a place in the 3rd Round, one of these fall by the wayside... and before you say anything - RANDOM DRAW, RANDOM DRAW!!!!!

Caballistics Inc - more info

Vs

Al's Baby - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 6th March  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

I liked the first Al's Baby in the meg but the later stories felt more of lets get a sequel so I am going for Caballistics Inc
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

I really like Caballistics but when you've got Wagner and Ezquerra on top form they're hard to beat.

Al's Baby.

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Magnetica

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

norton canes

Link Prime

Tough call, both very good Thrills.

I will give the nod to Al's Baby - some genuine laugh out loud and memorable scenes.

Southstreeter

Cabs is awesome. One of the best thrills ever. Terrific characters, horrific (in a good way) art and a great story, with lots of pulp sci-fi/horror call backs. Loved it.

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

AlexF

You know what, this isn't a tough choice. Someone mentioned that you can't beat Wagner and Ezquerra on top form, and that's correct - but Al's Baby is one very good series and two OK ones. For my money, Rennie n Reardon didn't put a foot wrong on like 5 years of making Cabs stories, whether that's setting a mood, being playful with characters or getting in some super creepy sex horror stuff and of course riffing on old British horror movies. I can see that side of it would leave some people cold, but I'm in the camp who gets limited joy out of poo jokes, which is at least 50% of Al's Baby...
(Ezquerra's character designs on that series were 100% impeccable, though, I'll give it that)

Caballistics, Inc