Main Menu

2000AD Regened - vol 5 - coming May 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 16 September, 2022, 07:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

For all the people grumbling about Regened, it must be doing something right. You don't get to volume 5 in a series in the hope it'll start selling; it must already be selling.

Colin YNWA

And they seem to be getting pumped out as quickly as possible, so you have to think something is working.

Just hope they don't move to the Dog Man format as Phoenix strips are doing. For some reason the Boy Child seems to think that he has to read Bunny vs Monkey in ALL the formats. I've created a monster!

IndigoPrime

It's a different space. I'm happy The Phoenix has shifted formats, because the original trades were too skinny/fragile and lacked content. The new CHONKY books are a big improvement. I also hope they backfill Bunny vs Monkey with HCs too (Machine Mayhem debuts in that format), because then I'll buy the lot for me and stick them next to my Peanuts books.

Dash Decent

My favourite strip in The Phoenix was Planet of the Shapes.  They said it would be back.  They said...  : (
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Mardroid

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 September, 2022, 08:30:36 AM
For all the people grumbling about Regened, it must be doing something right. You don't get to volume 5 in a series in the hope it'll start selling; it must already be selling.

I really don't mind the regened issues. I can understand people not liking them since these things are subjective (and I don't like every story in every issue of mainline prog anyway, does anyone?) but I never really got the complaints as they're only four a year anyway. Sure, it means waiting an extra week to catch up with ongoing stories in the main prog, but...it's just one week. On occasion.

I have also enjoyed a couple of the stories that get enfolded into the main Prog too. Most recent one with the giant mutated critters* has been decent.

*Don't take my not being able to remember the name off-hand as less a negative  comment on the quality of the story, and more a negative comment m on the quality of my dur-brains. And my being too lasy to look it up right now.There are plenty of names of stories (comics, novels, films, otherwise) that I just can't remember and  yet I really like them.

Lawman of the Present

Does anyone know what's happened with Volume 5? From a supposed release date of 25 May, the book never released and appears to have disappeared from upcoming solicitations. Has it been delayed or cancelled?