Main Menu

Gloucestershire Cheese Rolling

Started by Cyberleader2000, 28 August, 2011, 01:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

so I was talking to some friends of mine from the USA and they have never heared of the Gloucestershire Cheese Rolling and was just woundering if any one on here has ever taken part in it and if so what it was like. sorie for the random qustion but I would be interested to know.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Mardroid

I've never seen it in person, but I've heard of cheese rolling and seen it on the telly. Rolling a big round lump of cheese down a hill from what I can tell. Looks like silly fun, although part of me hates the idea of that food being wasted...

mogzilla

after your recent bout with the charity shop girl i thought it was a metaphor for masturbation!

klute

Quote from: mogzilla on 28 August, 2011, 03:42:47 PM
after your recent bout with the charity shop girl i thought it was a metaphor for masturbation!

:)
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Mardroid on 28 August, 2011, 02:32:57 PM
I've never seen it in person, but I've heard of cheese rolling and seen it on the telly. Rolling a big round lump of cheese down a hill from what I can tell. Looks like silly fun, although part of me hates the idea of that food being wasted...

I belive theases days the Cheese they roll is fake but you do win a proper one if you win
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Something Fishy

I watched it once when I lived up there but never had the urge to break some bones taking part.

Proudhuff

yes but what does the cheese transform into?
DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing

Ive never done it, though i have often "chased cheese" in all the other senses. I suggest though, cyberleader, that if you want to do it, JUST DO IT! SEIZE THE MOMENT! SIGN UP AND DO IT! DONT PREVARICATE, DO IT! NOW!

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Did this quaint British pastime not become one of the casualties of the Great H & S attack on our society.
Having just had a look at the official site it seems it's had two years of illegal cheese rolling, call out the Judges  :D

Have a look here at the naughty mad people.

Sounds great  :o

'In 2009, the injury toll of 18 was described as 'low' by St John Ambulance. Ten of the wounded were spectators.

Three cheese-chasers were taken to hospital for treatment - two with suspected spinal injuries and one with a dislocated shoulder. The rest had cuts and bruises.

Six people fainted just watching the event and four other spectators suffered minor injuries. One of those had fallen out of a tree and was taken slowly down the 100ft slope on a spinal board.

'

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me