Main Menu

2000ad statues, action figures and models...

Started by judda fett, 18 July, 2009, 02:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

Any chance we can have some kind of 'Statues, figures and models' section here? A place to post images and review released and fan made models etc. There have been some great threads about various Slaine sculpts and 2000ad lego, loads of 2000ad character statues (Mean, Dredd, Death, Rogue Trooper etc), Mangamax work, comps featuring dioramas such as 'that' Block War one, 'that' Lawmaster and 'bearded' Judge, Fan built costumes, Termight Replicas, Reaction and Ledgendary heroes figures, etc,etc... Would anyone else be interested in this? I ask because I cant always find images Im looking for with the search option.Cheers!

Dandontdare

I very rarely buy figures or statues as they're usually horribly overpriced, but this 10" beauty was offered to subscribers a while back at a bargain knock-down price (20 quid I think) and it has pride of place on my computer!

Dandontdare

Check this old thread for some SERIOUS collectors! Where dust goes to gather...

judda fett

Cheers for the link dandontdare. It would be handy to amalgamate all these types of threads under their own section on the board.

judge macbrayne

i have that same statue signed on the base bottom by A GRANT

Devons Daddy

i have that one and the rather wonderful one made during the movie time with dredd holding his day stick in a menacing manner.on a large dredd badge plinth.
i agree they are slightly expensive, but worth investment.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Skullgrin140

Since we've seen statues & busts of Dredd, Stronium & Rouge. How come nothing on ABC warriors? I would like see a Blackblood statue.

COMMANDO FORCES

I do have another Dredd statue that is 2ft tall (I've already got the movie 2ft one) but it's in pieces in my local comic shop waiting for someone with skill to build and paint it. I think I've had it over 15ish years and I did attempt building it until I realised I was crap.
I shall try and get a photo up on site soon.
As for the ABC robots, you can get Hammerstein from the movie and you can also get a movie Dredd holding his head.
My only gripe with every staue that I have is the bloody stances, none of them are realistic. Go on try it for yourself, have a look at your models and stand as they do, it just ain't happening!

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 July, 2009, 07:03:59 PM

My only gripe with every staue that I have is the bloody stances, none of them are realistic. Go on try it for yourself, have a look at your models and stand as they do, it just ain't happening!

True - my Dredd above does look like he's just soiled his U's!

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's my 15" Dredd, I can't even remember where or when I got it, so any info about it will be gratefully accepted.
By the way don't laugh at my crap paint and (couldn't be bothered) build job! It's not something that I am at any way skilled in ;D

Delingpole

That first one does look like he's having a shit, or at the very least, farting. Maybe saying (and the pointing finger is the clue here) "Hang on... be with you in just a second... prrrrrp! That's better."
Possibly a little out of character, though.

Bhuna

If that bloody Randy Bowen pulled his finger out of his arse and did some stuff I think we would all be very happy..... he's a bit good!

http://www.bowendesigns.com/

Also I wonder if Rebellion have been contacted by Eaglemoss, the guys who are doing the Classic Marvel and DC lead figurines. I'm collecting the Marvel ones and they look fecking great!

www.marvel-figurines.co.uk
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

ThryllSeekyr

I found a picture of a rare Slaine sculpt in a back Prog I ordered late last year. Pictureed in the letteres section on one of the inside covers. It was fan made, but good enough. A warped Slaine based on one of the artists that contributed to Slaine during the mid ninties.

I forget which one it was, Imay dig throgh my prog sometime I dig it out.

Unless the fan sculpter would like to come foward and show us some other pictures of their work.

Teivion

I bet you even Commando Forces hasn't got one of these Full Scale Beauties currently housed in the Nerve Centre:

I worked on them a little while ago ;-)

COMMANDO FORCES

I would love one. What are the dimensions and where is it stored?
I shall have to plan a tactical assault on the nerve centre!