Main Menu

DREDD reviews. (SPOILERS!)

Started by blackmocco, 30 August, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Yup -Gotta say that was one of my favourite scenes in the film (along with the head-butt)

Goaty

Fuck You Too Ma-Ma moment, headbutt, Goaty name, and Anderson became kick-ass with push the machine gun to goon's face! Both are coolest moments in the film,

darnmarr

Chatting about it is bringing it all back: I fucking love this film.

CYCLOPZ

Really the contemporary clothing is not noticable in the film as much as they are in the stills. The bright colour schemes worn by most of the citizens just seem to fit right in as a future fashion.

Michaelvk

Quote from: darnmarr on 04 September, 2012, 01:17:26 PM

Abso-bloody-lutely...
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

darnmarr

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 04 September, 2012, 01:19:03 PM
Really the contemporary clothing is not noticable in the film as much as they are in the stills. The bright colour schemes worn by most of the citizens just seem to fit right in as a future fashion.
I concur, and just as the lack of flying cars actually makes the idea of this anarchic city feel more 'grounded'- I felt that, on screen, the non-costumed citizenry related the setting more closely to our own time, which in turn made the concept of this society-in-chaos more threatening and involving.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Michaelvk on 04 September, 2012, 01:23:22 PM
Quote from: darnmarr on 04 September, 2012, 01:17:26 PM

Abso-bloody-lutely...

Hear hear!  I absolutely cannot bloody wait to see it again. 

Yo, Alex Garland, if you're reading this, in answer to your question about being nice about the film just because we were face to face - NO!  IT'S BRILLIANT!  I FERKIN LOVE YOU FOR MAKING THIS MOVIE!!   :D

Spaceghost

Quote from: radiator on 04 September, 2012, 12:52:37 PM
Likewise, theres a scene in the featurette where we see Dredd pacifying two unarmed perps with the 'stun' setting on his gun. Don't remember seeing that in the film, either.

This was the scene with the two juves who shout 'FREEZE!' at Dredd, who casually turns to them and asks 'Why?'.

Dredd shoots them with a stun shot. He's all heart.

Also, regarding the reasons for Slo Mo being illegal. This is Mega City One remember? Coffee and sugar are also illegal.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Goaty

What? young perps shout 'FREEZE' and Dredd was reply; 'Why?'

Awesome!

darnmarr

Quote from: Lee Bates on 04 September, 2012, 01:35:33 PM
Also, regarding the reasons for Slo Mo being illegal. This is Mega City One remember? Coffee and sugar are also illegal.
Sequel to be filmed in revolutionary 'coffee-with-three-spoons-of-sugar'-o-vision. :lol:

Spaceghost

Quote from: Goaty on 04 September, 2012, 01:37:08 PM
What? young perps shout 'FREEZE' and Dredd was reply; 'Why?'

Awesome!

I really hope you get to see a subtitled version of this soon Goaty, there were loads of cool little lines of dialogue from Dredd.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

FoldsFive

All this talking about it is just making me desperate to see it again. I think my wife'll be glad to see it with me just so I stop banging on about how good it was :)

MR. ELIMINATOR

I am so jealous of you guys right now. Hurry up Friday!

Goaty

Quote from: Lee Bates on 04 September, 2012, 01:40:57 PM
I really hope you get to see a subtitled version of this soon Goaty, there were loads of cool little lines of dialogue from Dredd.

Aw thanks, 18 rated films rarely getting subtitled, and there is website which featured subtitle trailers, and that's means the films will be subtitled. But sadly Dredd trailer is not there, BUT Total Recall subtitled trailer was appeared on the website yesterday, so likely it will be three weeks waiting.

judda fett

The Headbutt. That whole 'interrogation' scene is delightfully brutal.
Also the Lawmaster- all ye doubters concede that it looks badass on screen.
The '911 squad', love it when Dredd susses out the first Judge he runs into is a sellout.
Also the theme from Suff Box popping up was very welcome.