Main Menu

DREDD reviews. (SPOILERS!)

Started by blackmocco, 30 August, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

QuoteAlso, regarding the reasons for Slo Mo being illegal. This is Mega City One remember? Coffee and sugar are also illegal.

I wasn't asking why it was illegal, I was asking why we - as an audience - should believe that this is A Bad Thing that needs to be stamped out. IIRC we didn't really see any side-effects or downsides to the drug - in fact it looked quite fun.

QuoteI am so jealous of you guys right now. Hurry up Friday!

Step away from the thread, you're only spoiling it for yourself.

FoldsFive

Quote from: judgefett on 04 September, 2012, 01:48:06 PM
Also the theme from Suff Box popping up was very welcome.

Glad it wasn't just me imagining Matt Berry singing that.. I think I was sitting there open mouthed at the stage. So random.

judda fett

Quote from: FoldsFive on 04 September, 2012, 01:50:19 PM
Also the theme from Suff Box popping up was very welcome.

Glad it wasn't just me imagining Matt Berry singing that.. I think I was sitting there open mouthed at the stage. So random.

I think my ears did the equivalent of a double take when that first popped up. Alex Garland is Matt Berry fan.

CYCLOPZ

The Headbutt. That whole 'interrogation' scene is delightfully brutal.

That's your character development right there, Dredd went from just plain pissed off to angry pissed off mother f@#$&!  In this film.

Goaty

Love talks about cool moments in Dredd 3D! Can't wait to see it again this Friday!

Spaceghost

Quote from: radiator on 04 September, 2012, 01:48:44 PM
QuoteAlso, regarding the reasons for Slo Mo being illegal. This is Mega City One remember? Coffee and sugar are also illegal.

I wasn't asking why it was illegal, I was asking why we - as an audience - should believe that this is A Bad Thing that needs to be stamped out. IIRC we didn't really see any side-effects or downsides to the drug - in fact it looked quite fun.

Yeah, I'd like to have a go of it.

I suppose we're just supposed to assume that a brutal law enforcement ageny such as Justice Department would come down hard on any black market goods, drugs or not. There are plenty of people who believe cannabis is harmless and should be legalised but they'd still be arrested for using/dealing it.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

judda fett

Quote from: Goaty on 04 September, 2012, 02:08:53 PM
Love talks about cool moments in Dredd 3D! Can't wait to see it again this Friday!

Same here, its frustrating not being able to actually talk about it yet as most of my mates want to see it. Roll on Friday!

darnmarr

In our youth we had Dredd in 2000ad; we even had a film of sorts some years later, which was pretty good (although it wasn't the comic version exactly) but we've had and enjoyed the progs and we've had and enjoyed Robocop- one of the lurverly things about this new film  is knowing its gonna blow some relatively youthful minds away because they've never had anything like it.

JOE SOAP

darnmarr

Maybe not all of 'em but certainly some of 'em: check out the face on this yunfella...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyOaKY-gvBw

radiator

I just hope some kids will get to see it on DVD and it'll be to them what The Terminator and Total Recall were to me when I was that age.

Danbo

Agreed,it should be some mythic legend like Predator or Alien was to my gen,scarface with the chainsaw...older brothers should be warping minds with this.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

radiator

Ahhh, craftily setting the video to record Predator 2 because it's on after your bedtime, then waiting until your parents are out to watch it....

darnmarr

Personally, nothing I saw in my formative years gave me nightmares as much as the tunnel-ride in Willy Wonka or the 'child-catcher' in Chitty-chitty bang-bang...

radiator

Stephen King's IT, the mini-series, terrified me so much that I wouldn't watch anything 15 or 18 rated for a long, long time afterwards. I think I learnt my lesson....