Main Menu

DREDD reviews. (SPOILERS!)

Started by blackmocco, 30 August, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazy efc

did anyone else notice that after anderson takes out lex dredd then fix`s himself up and when he says you look ready to anderson the hole in his armour were he had been shot was gone

Steve Green

I was hoping for a boot knife...

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Steve Green on 08 September, 2012, 03:48:32 PM
Well Anderson's a psychic, and she starts to read his mind at the beginning...

Quote from: Judge Jack on 08 September, 2012, 03:50:32 PM
Yeah, that was may reading of it as well, that she was able to 'tell' Dredd she was on her way.

Also makes sense.

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Steve Green on 08 September, 2012, 03:55:33 PM
I was hoping for a boot knife...

Indeed.Thought Lex would get one in the neck.

Spikes

Quote from: hazy efc on 08 September, 2012, 03:54:36 PM
did anyone else notice that after anderson takes out lex dredd then fix`s himself up and when he says you look ready to anderson the hole in his armour were he had been shot was gone

And did anybody notice MaMa's druggy chic teeth, were all pearly white and lovely-looking when Dredd sent her packing?

darnmarr

Everything looks better with SLO-MO...

junox

Been to see it 3 times now
all at the vue Omni Edinburgh
first visit, first showing @ 11:30 /////15-20  in cinema
2nd visit friday night  ////  23  in cinema
3rd visit sat, 13:45 /// 22 in cinema
:o

Really enjoyed the third time even saw Joe Soap at the start (QUALITY)
still like the homeless man getting squished ....

Dunk!

"Trust we"

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Judge Jack on 08 September, 2012, 04:09:13 PM
Quote from: hazy efc on 08 September, 2012, 03:54:36 PM

And did anybody notice MaMa's druggy chic teeth, were all pearly white and lovely-looking when Dredd sent her packing?

Was that her Slo -Mo vision though?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Steve Green on 08 September, 2012, 02:16:26 PM
I don't know if the satire is that much of a hurdle because the real world has caught up.

HA! Once again Steve you get to the point I miss. That's so depressingly true.

Keef Monkey

Both times I went I think there were about 50 folk there. It was showing on the biggest screen so was very far from full, but for a daytime weekday screening it seemed quite healthy to me. I also got the impression from the chat I was overhearing that there were a lot of uninitiated there who were really getting into it.

I really hope it does well, I've never felt more invested in a film as a fan so I'd be gutted for all involved if it didn't get it's dues.

As for the mention of Rebellion not getting a decent credit, the Kingsleys got a big credit at the end not long after Wagner/Ezquerra, I forget the wording but it was something like "producers for Rebellion" or summing. I still think not mentioning 2000AD anywhere was a misstep marketingwise if they want to bring folks into the comic, but if the only complaint I have with the film is the wording of the credits then we're all good!

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

darnmarr

Quote from: Michaelvk on 08 September, 2012, 07:16:38 PM
Quote from: darnmarr on 08 September, 2012, 04:17:05 PM
Everything looks better with SLO-MO...

Not you though..
Well, of course; not even SLO-MO can improve upon perfection...

esoteric ed

Well what can I say but AWESOME, I've caught the movie twice in as many days.

Yesterday we sat down for the 2pm screening at Cineworld in Edge Lane, Liverpool and after around five attempts to run the ads we were told the screening wouldn't go ahead due to a technical fault  :(. We accepted a refund (and complimentary tickets for another future screening) and headed to Liverpool One's Odeon where we enjoyed it in style  :D. I chanced another screening at Cineworld again today and enjoyed it all over again, and dare I say enjoyed it more the second time around.

It all came and went in no time at all and left me wanting more, this is Dredd. It all worked so well with so many nice touches and nods to Dredd's rich history, and a brooding soundtrack to boot.
I didn't think of Urban under that helmet at all, just Dredd, the man, the machine... it was fanboy/girl heaven.

I felt Dredd looked a bit old and beaten after taking a bullet in the factory scene, but I'm old school and don't like to think of anyone getting the better of Joe  ;), it kinda reminded me of a scene in "Crusade" where Joe falls fowl to "Cesare".

In summing up I was well impressed and aim to see this again soon, and here's hoping there's a nice sharp Blu ray to follow soon.

:thumbsup:

Ed

MR. ELIMINATOR

Holy twat of a bastard, wow! Just got back from the second viewing. This is the best film ever. Not only did it meet my ridiculously high expectations but it exceeded them.

Got a lot of catch up reading to do I see.

My fav bits were the headbutt (bloody brutal) the bit where Dredd is walking around and everyone is locking there doors was a great scene too. Argh, so many brilliant bits. I would say this film is perfect.

Also, really glad they took out the kiss of life at the end.

Can't wait to go again!

Everyone I have gone with has loved it too. There will have to be sequels.