Main Menu

DREDD reviews. (SPOILERS!)

Started by blackmocco, 30 August, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Quote from: radiator on 11 September, 2012, 11:16:24 PMShe now fancies Karl Urban too.

Noooooooooo! I fancied Karl too, for hetrosexual way

radiator

Annoyingly there were only about 40 people in the screening, but they seemed to love the film. A girl sitting a few seats along from me had a massive grin on her face when the lights came up.

blackmocco

Quote from: Michaelvk on 11 September, 2012, 08:00:01 PM
Really? I cringe every time Statham does an American accent.. Why they insist on making him do one is beyond me.. What about Tom Hardy for Rouge trooper?

Did I dream this once? Wasn't Rutger Hauer loosely attached to a Rogue Trooper project back in the 90's...? Did that ever really happen...?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

radiator

Hey, I've had a man crush on Urban ever since he did that first interview about Dredd and slated the Stallone version.

Nothing to be ashamed of.

Professor Bear

I think the person with a sig of one man penetrating another with his fist has more to be worried about than the man with an actual girlfriend.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Professah Byah on 11 September, 2012, 11:38:36 PM
I think the person with a sig of one man penetrating another with his fist has more to be worried about than the man with an actual girlfriend.

Stallone never wore the uniform so he's not actually in it when the fist goes through.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Still ace after three times, also the cinema was nearly full. Some two for one tuesday deal though, but still, lots of people seeing it.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Also noticed some mistakes tonight, how come the Medic comes up behind the bad Judges on the ground floor when the med centre was on level 25.

Also, when Dredd blasts his way out to the skatepark, the massive hole produces a lot of light, would say day light, and then it's night time when they are out side.

Dunno why I am pointing these out, just being a dick really.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 12 September, 2012, 12:58:20 AM
Also noticed some mistakes tonight, how come the Medic comes up behind the bad Judges on the ground floor when the med centre was on level 25.

Always thought the Med-Centre was on the ground-floor in the Atrium.

JOE SOAP

Also, when Dredd blasts his way out to the skatepark, the massive hole produces a lot of light, would say day light, and then it's night time when they are out side.

Aren't their lights lighting the skate-park? It's bright enough for them to see the kids.

blackmocco

For some reason, one of the parts that really stuck with me was seeing Control in action. Even though it was just a glimpse, I loved seeing there's a whole army of people behind the scenes helping out the street Judges. I think it's the second Control operator, an older man, communicating with Dredd that made me think was he once a street Judge and got injured so this is what he does now? The young girl operator who asks Dredd if he needs back-up at the start. Is she a Judge in training? I loved seeing these concepts brought to life.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

W. R. Logan

Med Lift

HdE

Quote from: blackmocco on 12 September, 2012, 03:23:35 AM
For some reason, one of the parts that really stuck with me was seeing Control in action. Even though it was just a glimpse, I loved seeing there's a whole army of people behind the scenes helping out the street Judges.

YEAH! Seemingly minor parts of the film, but they all go towards building the in-story world and making it believable.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Michaelvk

Re. Medic.. The bodies, as well as the judges aren't, in the atrium. Also, who's to say the atrium isn't already level 25? We saw where the judges parked, but it wasn't necessarily street level.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

radiator

The medic is based on level 25, but I don't see this as strange. I assumed he saw the judges coming and went down to meet them.

The skate ramp is well lit, plus all of the lights of the city.

In all the agonising of whether we'll get a sequel or not, it's easy to forget that we ARE getting another Dredd film. It's called Judge Minty, and it looks amazing!