Main Menu

DREDD reviews. (SPOILERS!)

Started by blackmocco, 30 August, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junox

Quote from: Judge Jack on 12 September, 2012, 11:36:22 PM
The biggest quibble mentioned, was how Dredd managed to carry on after being shot, but they seemed happy with my explanation that its 'special future medicine' that allowed him to do that,  ;)

Please, please, please let there be sequels!

just a flesh wound

The Sherman Kid

They certainly missed a trick not putting a pythonesque 'tis but a scatch' line in there ;) :D

The Sherman Kid

scratch!-Damn missing edit function.

JayzusB.Christ

I prefer 'scatch'.

Just watched the film last night - not much more to be said than has been said already, but it was very cool indeed.  Karl Urban has totally cracked the Dredd persona - roll on more people reading 2000ad, and some sequels!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

mygrimmbrother

My girlfriend (Grud bless her) loved the bit where JD got shot. She said afterward that he was so tightly wound that for his only reaction to be that long, low exhale while slumping slowly down the wall was just spot on. She didn't have a problem with him patching himself up and carrying on either, because she just got how friggin' hard Dredd is (and again, she doesn't read the comic)

radiator

Yeah and I love his expression when you get that close up of his face while he patches himself up. You can tell how painful it is, but he controls it.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: James on 12 September, 2012, 09:25:06 PM
The biggest complain she had was 'there was no joy in it'.

Women.

But there was, and my date commented on it!  There were the kids on the skate ramp, who were clearly having a blast, chilling out with the girls watching and cheering them on. She really liked the fact the kids were still finding fun, despite their grim surroundings.

Pioneer

Quick question about the techies eyes, did Ma Ma gouge out his original peepers and replace them with bionics or something?

Watched it twice now and still can't quite work it out.

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

James Stacey

she's shown twice gouging his eyes out with her thumbs isnt she?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Pioneer on 13 September, 2012, 11:55:43 AM
Quick question about the techies eyes, did Ma Ma gouge out his original peepers and replace them with bionics or something?

That's the way I understood it - didn't realise it was the same guy the first time it was shown, but when Anderson read his mind that did seem to be very much the case.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Michaelvk

Quote from: Pioneer on 13 September, 2012, 11:55:43 AM

Yes..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Pioneer

And the purpose was he could do the techie shizzle better? (for want of a better term, I'm busy!)

Michaelvk

Quote from: Pioneer on 13 September, 2012, 12:02:44 PM
And the purpose was he could do the techie shizzle better? (for want of a better term, I'm busy!)

Aaaand yes.. Or it's the standard replacement for anyone who can afford them (most likely done by Ma-Ma clan on the cheap, hence the red inflammation..)
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Pioneer on 13 September, 2012, 12:02:44 PM

Suppose so, yeah, though I don't think it was explained in detail.  He was very much Ma Ma's bitch though, and seemed to have been bullied into the role of criminal techmaster.