Main Menu

DREDD reviews. (SPOILERS!)

Started by blackmocco, 30 August, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioneer

Cool thanks for answering my question! Looking forward to my 3rd viewing Tuesday....

JayzusB.Christ

Oops, just realised it was Michael who answered, rather than just a speculating fan like me.  Looks like I was right though  ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Michaelvk

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 September, 2012, 12:15:18 PM
Oops, just realised it was Michael who answered, rather than just a speculating fan like me.  Looks like I was right though  ;)

Mate, it's so far back half of the shit I say borders on speculation anyway   ;)
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

Ma-Ma likes torture. Would've been interesting if she held a trigger switch that could turn the clan-techie's eyes on and off so he was completely dependent on her.

Richmond Clements

Fisticuffs

Got my 4th viewing lined up for saturday, that'll be my last until the DVD comes out I think, done my part. :D

hazy efc

Quote from: Pioneer on 13 September, 2012, 11:55:43 AM
Quick question about the techies eyes, did Ma Ma gouge out his original peepers and replace them with bionics or something?

Watched it twice now and still can't quite work it out.
You see no pun intended mama gouge out the poor lads eyes and yes he has bionic eyes as for how he got them who no`s maybe mama could of helped him out with a set of bionic eyes because she realised he would be an asset to her with him being a computer whizz  :thumbsup:

Pioneer

Ma-Ma likes torture. Would've been interesting if she held a trigger switch that could turn the clan-techie's eyes on and off so he was completely dependent on her.

Yeah mos def! Would've been (even more so) ultra harrowing for the poor bastich! Good bit of armchair screenwriting there Soap ;)

Goaty

But Ma-Ma with the knife... that was sooo great scene!

hazy efc

Quote from: Goaty on 13 September, 2012, 02:55:43 PM
But Ma-Ma with the knife... that was sooo great scene!
I thought she was going to cut him for sure when you 1st see her press the blade to his stomach i was squirming in my seat  :)

Michaelvk

Her staring at the screen with her chin on his shoulder in that scene looked like it was straight out of a comic panel.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Mudcrab

Question for everyone. Did Dredd actually say "Negotiation's over"? I remember seeing the bit where he did in the trailer but in the film we just got "This isn't a negotiation" in the confrontation with Ma-Ma. I was waiting for it, but it didn't seem to be there. Has my siggy been rendered redundant?  :-\
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Dandontdare

I think he said negotiation's over to the punk holding the waitress hostage - before hotshotting him.

Goaty

MR. ELIMINATOR

Yeah there were lot's of bits from the trailer where it turned out they were just using audio from different bits in the film.

Like in the trailer, Dredd is looking at Anderson and says "JUDGEMENT TIME!" but actually he says this on the com to Ma-Ma. I actually thought he was gonna say it again when I first saw it.