Main Menu

Dredd - Box Office

Started by MattJW, 02 September, 2012, 09:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 October, 2012, 03:22:24 PM
So, just to catch up: who are we blaming today? Lionsgate or District 9? Or people who are not intellectual enough I understand movies like The Naked Lunch and Dredd?
All this flailing around really isn't helping, is it?

Fun sponge.

JOE SOAP

I blame the Tories & Obama.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 October, 2012, 03:22:24 PM
So, just to catch up: who are we blaming today?

You Richmond. We're blaming you. You just didn't do enough to ensure this film would succeed.

Shame on you sir.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

SmallBlueThing

Im not really sure what any post-match dissection would be 'helping' anyway. Unless some of us are about to go off and invest £50m in a mid-range comic adaptation and want to avoid the same pitfalls as Dredd 3D, it's all just fans shooting the breeze- which unless im very much mistaken (and i have been before) is the point of this forum.

Nobody likes it, but Dredd 3D crapped out at the box office for a reason. All the reasons stated by Radiator et al above sound like contributory factors to me. I wasnt as enamoured by the movie as some of you, so i'd maybe have some other reasons i think it failed- but this isnt the place to air them. It's a massive shame, whatever happened. The world needed a good, blockbusting, gazillion-dollar-earning Dredd movie seen by millions... if only to warn them of what might happen if they vote Shitt Romney or David Cameron again.

SBT

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Stan on 18 October, 2012, 03:17:53 PM
There was this..

Yes, saw quite a few of these in megazines ,newspapers etc, but never actually saw them on any billboards (not saying it didn't happen, just I've not seen any)

Stan

Yeah, I only saw one billboard in Scouseland myself and it was kinda hidden in away in a dingey part of town most people try to avoid. There was not a single ad on the side of a bus either.

Gonk

I'm sure more would have attended if Cameron and Clegg hadn't made the recession worse.

coming at a cinema near you soon

judge devs

There was a German chap over on the Telegraph website and nick names cropped up,someone mentioned 'little Englanders' and he said that they never call us that but STILL call us Tommies or Inselaffe (islands apes),ruddy Bosch.
[/quote]

New Model Army wrote a whole song after the singer discovered the Germans often refered to the Brits as 'Island Monkeys'.

Gonk

Yeah, but Cameron and Clegg made the recession worse on purpose...so they could laugh at people like me.

Gonk

Someone should tell them to stop!

dracula1

It's every members fault on the forum that it didn't become a box office smash!  If we'd had another 500 pages of debate on the Dredd movie thread about his big helmet it might have caught the general public's eye.

flesario

Still on in Norwich, one showing a night at the Odeon at 21:45 every day up to and including next Thursday............

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: flesario on 18 October, 2012, 08:26:42 PM
Still on in Norwich, one showing a night at the Odeon at 21:45 every day up to and including next Thursday............

Only 10 cinemas in the whole of the UK still showing Dredd I think.Now I know you're relatively knew here, and I hate to ask a favour...but if you just by 10 million tickets they'll be a pint in it for you  ;)

flesario

I'll be going for my fith viewing Sherman, which I feel is just about acceptable. Will be a little emotional when it ends for the last time. My friend did consider buying a ticket or two onlne and not going just to bump it up.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: flesario on 18 October, 2012, 09:48:14 PM
I'll be going for my fith viewing Sherman, which I feel is just about acceptable. Will be a little emotional when it ends for the last time. My friend did consider buying a ticket or two onlne and not going just to bump it up.

Jeez how many spelling mistakes in my last post (hic  ;), kidding) Knew new by buy.

Anyway seen Dredd lots of times but your mate offering to buy without seeing -thats what I call a BIG fan, wow.