Main Menu

Dredd - Box Office

Started by MattJW, 02 September, 2012, 09:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbo

Quote from: radiator on 13 September, 2012, 02:48:06 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 13 September, 2012, 02:35:26 PM
My Vue local has changed the times,earlier showings and more of them.

Good sign...?
Can't be bad? I'm off tommorrow so I will report back although it's the 1.30 showing I don't expect there to be that many folk.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

mygrimmbrother

F*ck it - we've decided to go again at the weekend. I can't remember the last time I wathced a film twice at the cinema, I really can't. Man I love this film!

radiator

Has it made up for the disappointment of Prometheus Matt?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 September, 2012, 03:22:34 PM
but does your local show that goddawful Orange sweeney ad? That'll be polluting screens for every film for the next few months.

We don't get d'Orange ads.

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: radiator on 13 September, 2012, 04:50:55 PM
Has it made up for the disappointment of Prometheus Matt?

Actually, yeah!  ;)

Van Dom

I havent gone to the same movie twice in the cinema in about ten years either....but definitely going to catch this again. It really is that good!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

MR. ELIMINATOR

Just out of curiosity, but if £1,000,000 is a poor taking for a number one position after three days, what would be a good number after another week? Really hope it has picked up and holds on to the number one position.

I work part time as a projectionist (our cinema didn't get Dredd unfortunately) and we have Anna Karenina showing. It is has been almost full both nights I have been in which is worrying. Though we can only fit in 150 I think, so maybe not the best representation of how it's doing.

Stan

Odeon Liverpool One looks just as strong as last week, in terms of showings. Til next Thursday it's 5 to 6 a day in the normal screen and 3 to 5 in the gallery.

I'm not sure which part of next week I'll see it for the second time but Jurassic Park was the last I did that with.

karl

Is Looper being hyped in the UK? cause it's being INSANELY hyped over here and comes out the weekend after Dredd... it's a mid-budget sci-fi action movie, as well, so I'm hoping it doesn't steal the spotlight...

karl

Quote from: karl on 14 September, 2012, 07:40:02 AM
Is Looper being hyped in the UK? cause it's being INSANELY hyped over here and comes out the weekend after Dredd... it's a mid-budget sci-fi action movie, as well, so I'm hoping it doesn't steal the spotlight...

Stupid lack of edit! By "here" I mean the USA.

Steve Green

Some trailers but haven't seen any print ads yet.

Danbo

Not really,bits and bobs.JGL's chin looks funny so I'm not going to bother.

SmallBlueThing

Is that that one about the man who has to kill bruce willis in a field, but he escapes? Trailer playing before dredd here, but looks boring. Probably not aimed at me- i got the impression it's targeted at kids.

SBT

Danbo

Thats it,looks average but will probably make half a billion  >:(

Keef Monkey

Got to admit, I'm looking forward to Looper. It's the writer/director of Brick and has a pretty cool concept. Add in JGL and I'm sold. Not so much that I would go and see it over Dredd, but I can very easily see why nonscrots would.