Main Menu

DREDD 3D on home video Jan. 22, 2013

Started by The Adventurer, 04 October, 2012, 07:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

Quote from: James Stacey on 14 November, 2012, 05:19:01 PM
Quote from: Stan on 14 November, 2012, 05:06:07 PM
See, kids? That's why you should've stuck with DVD like Stan.
That would have made my purchase of a 3d tv a waste.

Don't make me whip out my Sony Trinitron.

I was about to say the special editions usually come out straight away but maybe I'm wrong. I tend to buy DVDs after they've been out for a bit and don't recall ever buying anything off the chart shelf. Perhaps it also depends on who's releasing them though.

Goaty

*sigh*

I really hate Entertainment in Video as of their VHS lack of subtitles and most of DVD as well... lucky Lords of the Rings got subtitle, really hope Dredd 3D will be subtitled as disappointed with lack of subtitled screen of Dredd! Even I saw it 4 times! 10,000 Deaf people would see it so sadly it not happens.

norse_sage

Quote from: radiator on 14 November, 2012, 02:55:54 PM
Looks like we have a lock on the packaging.

'Dredd 3D' it is then. And a quote from Alex fucking Zane. Ho hum.

I'm tempted to make my own custom sleeve.

Like 95 % of all other official DVD/Blu-ray covers, that one is hideous. This is why I use custom covers for ALL my Blu-ray's and DVD's, the official covers just aren't up to par. It's as if the studios try topping each other in making the lamest, most generic looking covers possible!

Maybe I'll use Jock's poster as the basis for my custom cover.

MR. ELIMINATOR

The criterion collection should do a release of this film in a couple of years. I am not sure what their exact selection process is, but being independent and somewhat of a cult film I think that would count. Oh and really good too.

radiator

I assumed the minging green sky and general oversaturation of the reds and oranges on the Dredd cover was due to colour profile issues you sometimes get with online images, but looking at it again it does look like someone (not the original artist) has dicked around with the poster image, including adding the stupid flare(?) on the side of the gun.

QuoteLike 95 % of all other official DVD/Blu-ray covers, that one is hideous. This is why I use custom covers for ALL my Blu-ray's and DVD's, the official covers just aren't up to par.

Wow, that is dedication. I created my own Star Wars sleeves last year, just for a bit of fun really (and because the SW covers are always so fugly). I may do something similar for Dredd:

shaolin_monkey

norse_sage

Yup, all my DVD and Blu-ray covers are custom, and as such that shelf is a beaty to behold, all spines matching and aligned and everything.

Very nice mondo posters, those are some awesome covers!

I could be wrong, but it looks like you've printed them on normal A4 paper?
I print mine on a Canon printer set specifically for the Canon Semi Gloss photo paper I use.
No way to tell the difference between my covers and the official ones as far as paper and print quality goes.

radiator

QuoteVery nice mondo posters, those are some awesome covers!

Not Mondo, my own illustrations/designs.

http://tomberryartist.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4bvjkn

QuoteI could be wrong, but it looks like you've printed them on normal A4 paper?

No, professionally printed on high quality roughly textured heavy paper - it's what I print most of my work on. Looks and feels beautiful and is far better than anything you could get out of a commercial desktop printer. Photos don't quite do it justice admittedly!

DKCX

Anyone willing to design up an alternative cover for us to use instead?
It would be nice for some of the artists who frequent the boards here to design one up barring no copyright issues.
Be nice to have several variants instead to replace that fugly piece of crap.

Goaty

shaolin_monkey

radiator

QuoteAnyone willing to design up an alternative cover for us to use instead?

I'm on it.

Spikes

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 15 November, 2012, 10:59:33 AM
The criterion collection should do a release of this film in a couple of years. I am not sure what their exact selection process is, but being independent and somewhat of a cult film I think that would count. Oh and really good too.

Brilliant! That would be nice to see. Im not sure what their exact selection process is either.
Theyve on occasion produced release's for blockbuster pap like Armageddon....

Still if a low budget brit film like Kes can get the deluxe treatment from Criterion then who knows. Dont fancy having to wait 30/40 years though,  ;)

DKCX

Spikes

This may very well be a daft question, but in the list of formats, what exactly does 'ultraviolet' mean?