Main Menu

Alan Moore story telling online course with the BBC

Started by rogue69, 01 April, 2022, 10:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

The BBC are running a Story Telling course by Alan Moore on their BBC MAESTRO website for £80 it's broken down into 33 lessons running for 6 hours all together
"This creative writing course comes from the incessantly imaginative bestseller, Alan Moore. His writing straddles genre with comics like From Hell, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Swamp Thing, and modern literary classics, including Jerusalem, a 1,266-page experimental epic novel set over centuries and realms in his hometown of Northampton. He made it on to Time's 100 Best Novels list and has won numerous awards leading to cult-like, legendary status and critical acclaim. Each morsel of wisdom out of Alan's mouth will have you thinking in a new way."

https://www.bbcmaestro.com/courses/alan-moore/storytelling?

pauljholden

If you're interested in this but find it a bit pricey (it's £80)  I signed up to their mailing list in anticipation and they've offered three separate 30% discount vouchers (roughly once per month). As far as I can tell the voucher applies to any course - though, as it happened, the moore one wasn't available when the discounts applied.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Art

It is totally Alan Moore Online Video Wizard School and it is glorious.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Art on 03 April, 2022, 05:58:00 PM
It is totally Alan Moore Online Video Wizard School and it is glorious.

Really good description! My wife is doing this and it's brilliant.
I really hope it's filmed in his actial house rather than a studio.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dark Jimbo

If, like me, you've been 'umming' and 'ahhing' for a while over this, the time may have come to pull the trigger, as there's 40% off for Black Friday. You've got until the 28th.
@jamesfeistdraws

zombemybabynow

and they might set up another one with Brian Michael Bendis

it'll be brokern up into 441,368 episodes!!   :lol:
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

JayzusB.Christ

Meant to do this but forgot all about it. Thanks for the info about Black Friday - might as well go for it
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"