Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Jaegir vs. The Out Rd 4 Heat 14

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 July, 2022, 06:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

I enjoy The Out, but I think Jaegir is on another level.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Timothy

Southstreeter

The Out, though both are terrific. I have more of a clue what's going on in The Out, though that's probably because we've had two fairly lengthy series rather than several shorter ones. I really like Jaegir, but I had to reread it in the UC to figure out where we'd got to.

sintec

Two strong female leads who couldn't be more different. Atalia is the more of a standard 2000ad archetype though whereas Cyd feels like a more unique presence (Halo Jones being the obvious comparison).

Jaegir maybe the progs best future war strip (nor sure if we've had that as a sideshow vote already). But then The Out did such a brilliant job of dragging Cyd into it's own intergalactic conflict and spitting her out the other side.

Both have brilliant and distinctive art that really sets the mood as well as telling the story.

Gah - what a horrible choice. All things considered I think I'm going to go with The Out.

rogue69

Colin YNWA

As I've said on the other thread the two ties today are turning into genuinely exciting contests. I'm genuinely invested as in both I have a clear favourite.

Welcome to the nerdist sports fan ever!

Richard

Proudhuff

Jaegir! for me, The Out is beautiful, stunning and colourful, but lacks the punch of Jaegir.
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

Jaegir's really good - with the lowest point being Tarturus, which was still Everest Base Camp.

The Out, though.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Blue Cactus

Colin YNWA

With a day to go I think this one is close. Jaegir started strong but I get the sense that The Out has pulled it back. Last day votes could well swing this so get um in and I'll count them up in the morning.

JayzusB.Christ

Jaegir is fecking brilliant; the freshest take on Rogue-lore since Cinnabar as far as I'm concerned.

But The Out is just amazing, and pips it for me here.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"