Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Hookjaw vs. Stickleback Rd 4 Heat 24

Started by Colin YNWA, 21 July, 2022, 07:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Over the halfway mark already in Round 4, things are moving fast these days and I might consider one a day for future rounds, we'll see. This week is an interesting mix. We have a couple of contenders for the tourney as a whole, the one remaining Prog 1 thrill and I think this week will filters some of the 'lesser' thrills out... but as ever we'll see

A tie that could sound like the most miss matched aquatic duel ever... if you took the title of one of them too literally. As it is this might be a mismatch the other way. We'll see...also what the heck is it with Stickleback coming up against thrills beginning with 'H', may not bode well if it makes it to later rounds... hold on and Hookjaw being drawn against thrills beginning with S... weird...

Form book:

Hookjaw - Bye; Silo, Strange and Darke
Stickleback - Bye; Harmony; Helltrackers

Hookjaw - more info

Vs

Stickleback - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 24th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I should put off voting until I've reread HookJaw in this month's floppy, but on flicking through that I've been reminded of how much I loved this in the prog.

Plus, the tears of ageing Action fans in certain social media groups when they realised this new one wasn't just a shark eating divers was amusing. So, HookJaw.

Not that Stinkybum isn't one of Tharg's great triumphs, because it is. It's just in this case, the shark monster (maybe) thingie nabs it.

SBT

rogue69

Huey2

Magnetica

I'm not a massive fan of either, but I don't think one series of Hookjaw is enough to justify a vote over Stickleback.

abelardsnazz

IndigoPrime

I liked that Hookjaw did something different, but it's slight compared with the ongoing epic that is Stickleback. That story has been packed with intrigue and twists, even if [spoiler]the final reveal was... not ideal[/spoiler].

Blue Cactus

Hookjaw. It came out of nowhere and delighted me week after week.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 21 July, 2022, 09:15:04 AM
Hookjaw. It came out of nowhere and delighted me week after week.

Beautifully put. Hookjaw for me too.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

sintec

Stickleback - still holding out for a 2nd volume in the UC.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me