Main Menu

2000ad android app

Started by mcwazza, 23 May, 2024, 07:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcwazza

I have been struggling with newly updated Android app.

The library page is limited in functionality and is the focus of my ire
- instead of the progs being sorted by year pages, they are all in a singe searchable page.
- the filter options don't include, unread, read, or owned, as filtering options.
- scrolling through the collection often freezes and requires a restart.
- can no longer purchase progs in yearly bundles, and instead need to purchase each ptog individually.

I would gladly go back to the app before the update beginning of this month.

Sucks that my 1st post is a complaint, but I've been happily reading through my backlog of progs from 2016 onwards, but not sure I will be purchasing any more if the app doesn't get some love.

Colin YNWA

I had similar feeling that expressed in the latest Meg review thread. At this point its nowhere near as good to navigate and find what you want to read. I did find it you allowed it to churn away it seemed to cache (??? I'm guessing here) your whole library for whichever comic, so in my case The Meg so at least it wasn't loading all the comics you have when you go in.

That said I've not been in since so I read that issue so I'm not sure how long that lasts. With any luck though things will improves as folks have more time for further developments but at this point its not a great update.

broodblik

Weird I am using the app on iOS and it is working fine with a few exceptions.

The biggest problem I have I get this message that the "Some content failed to download, would you like to retry?".

On the app I have you have sections like "2000 Ad", "Megazines" etc. On these I mentioned at the right you have an option "more >", clicking on that will bring you to that section divided up in years and inside each year you have it order from newest prog to the oldest for the year.

The app is not the best it is functional but reading the content I have no problem with
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.