Main Menu

A Picture of the Invisible Girl

Started by Richmond Clements, 22 September, 2004, 06:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

No, it's not Oddboy's cunning joke, but this:

Link: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6445" target="_blank">Here's a link.

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/albaff.jpg">

Bolt-01

Whooaaa there!

Scroll down the page and Hornblower is Mr Fantastic! How the chuff does that work?!

Bolt-01

Mangamax

Like the way the "4" has moved sideways to get some cleveage.
The others gonna have that too?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Mangamax

Just checked the link. So its moved on theirs but no unzipping.
Nice Thing. Very issue one.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Dudley

Chris Evans as the Human Torch?  I know he's ginger, but still...

gavzilla

Dunno who she is - but anyone else think she looks like a white Beyonce? (in that pic anyway)

Richmond Clements

Bico

I thought you were married, Rac?  How come you're always plastering half-naked women across the messageboard?  And isn't Alba jailbait?

Although I would.
That goes without saying.

Mr C

Some bloke from Nip?Tuck is Doom.
And he has superpowers. From the same cosmic rays that hit the Four.
And he's the head of the Latveria corporation, not the ruler of a country.
I bet he doesn't even talk in the third person.

Man, Hollwood's pissing me off!

GordonR

"I bet he doesn't even talk in the third person."

Just as long as he constantly talks aloud to himself, explaining the motives behind his evil plan and why he's so evil and all-powerful, then they'll still have captured the main essence of the character.

I love Dr Doom.  All over supervillains pale in the shadow of his Latverian mightiness.

Art

Yeah, but:

a) Being Latvian is no match for being an ex nazi
b) Being a Doctor is no way as cool as being a Baron
c)  if you chop his head off two don't grow back. d) he's not involved with an internecine struggle with super-science weirdos with buckets on their heads.http://www.norse-man.net/Marvel/Char-H/Hydra.jpg">

Art

Urgh... Things got lurgy.

Is this by Dennis Potter?

GordonR

I reckon Latveria is the victim of some serious Marvel Universe spin.  Rather than being oppressed backwards peasants living under the iron fist of Doom, I reckon your average Latverian thinks Doom is the best thing since sliced bread.

With his super-advanced technology, they probably all live like kings.  Doombots do all the work, they've got the best public health service in the world and live to about 120, and, even though Latveria's about the size of Luton, it's a superpower, and no-one messes with it in case Doom teleports Washington DC to the dark side of the moon.  

The reason the rest of the Marvel Universe hates Doom is because he proves a benign (although admitedly super-maniacal) absolute dictatorship works better than a flawed capitalist democracy.

Oh yes, and he can do magic too, which also makes him very cool.

Max Kon