Main Menu

The Seven

Started by The Sherman Kid, 25 May, 2014, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

also can we be sure any we've not met yet survived chaos day ?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

ZenArcade

Well if they're Fargo/Dredd clones they'd be a good bet.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Quote from: ZenArcade on 27 May, 2014, 09:48:52 PM
Well if they're Fargo/Dredd clones they'd be a good bet

If they're Fargo clones, there's a 50/50 chance they either saved the city or went bad/sided with the enemy/shacked up with a woman/quit the department/were killed by Dredd.

ZenArcade

Teey've got a reasonable success rate?

Frank

Quote from: ZenArcade on 27 May, 2014, 11:00:09 PM
They've got a reasonable success rate?

Rico was a gangster, Kraken was a mass murderer, and Dolman's turned out to be the dullest character ever to see print. Fargo scrapped the constitution and abandoned due process, and whatever other fine qualities they may possess, Dredd and Rico II are fascists. Some of you bleeding heart do-gooders are going to insist that agoraphobia and degenerative mutation aren't Vienna or Nimrod's fault, but that's why none of you pull down 500K per annum as a Wall Street trader and date an underwear model, like I do.

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: lord oakeshott on 28 May, 2014, 05:50:38 PM

Rico was a gangster, Kraken was a mass murderer, and Dolman's turned out to be the dullest character ever to see print. Fargo scrapped the constitution and abandoned due process, and whatever other fine qualities they may possess, Dredd and Rico II are fascists. Some of you bleeding heart do-gooders are going to insist that agoraphobia and degenerative mutation aren't Vienna or Nimrod's fault.

Hey Nobody's perfect  :D

8-Ball

Dolman's turned out to be the dullest character ever to see print.

I'm pretty sure that title goes to Hershey.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

ZenArcade

Ok, I was maybe a wee bit too liberal with the success rate quip! Z :lol:

Dark Jimbo

...Fargo scrapped the constitution and abandoned due process, and whatever other fine qualities they may possess, Dredd and Rico II are fascists.

Given that it's Justice Department doing the cloning, I hardly think 'is a fascist' on the school report is going to be a detriment to future success.

@jamesfeistdraws

ZenArcade

Well yes that's right. Our moral view would be diametrically different from that of what ever Justice Department strategic planning committee ok'd the cloning programmed. I guess there would be a lot of ends justifying the means stuff present in the minutes after that meeting.
On deeper reflection the basal success stat which would be frying heads in the Dept would be the pop figures from say 2099 (800,000,000) through till 2035 (50,000,000). Now could it be argued how did cloned Judges adversly affect that result?

Dark Jimbo

Purely for my own amusement I spent lunchtime doing this. It doesn't lean as wholly in favour of the bad I thought it would.

@jamesfeistdraws

Frank

That's brilliant, Jimbo, especially 'beard' - although I'd argue that particular quality belongs in column B, rather than column C. I'm not sure the creation of Justice Department qualifies for column A either ... or that it saved MC1. Fargo shares my scepticism.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: lord sauchie on 30 May, 2014, 05:17:02 PM

That's brilliant, Jimbo, especially 'beard' - although I'd argue that particular quality belongs in column B, rather than column C. I'm not sure the creation of Justice Department qualifies for column A either ... or that it saved MC1. Fargo shares my scepticism.

But for lack of space, I was going to be clever and put 'created the justice system' in Fargo's bad column as well as the good. As for Dolman... I struggled to know what to say. He somehow managed to be a more interesting character off-panel than when he actually returned to the strip!

Making the table threw up an interesting point - do we know what Ephraim actually did that made him a wrong 'un?
@jamesfeistdraws

Frank

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 May, 2014, 05:58:10 PM
do we know what Ephraim actually did that made him a wrong 'un?

Sounds like you're pitching, James. If you don't write that one up someone else will - probably after they're done filling in the details of Orlok the Assassin's schooldays.

Dark Jimbo

The only mentions I've heard of the character are the various dissaproving but vauge references during Origins - I just wondered if we'd been told more during the rather large gap in my Dredd reading (The Cal Files, maybe)?
@jamesfeistdraws