Main Menu

Borag Thungg, Fellow Earthlets.

Started by Mark Taylor, 21 June, 2009, 11:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Taylor

I've posted quite a few times in other threads recently so I suppose it's about time to introduce myself. I have been reading 2000AD for many years. I think the first prog I ever picked up must have been in the 200s somewhere because it had Nemesis book 1 in it. Nemesis was what originally hooked me and remains probably my favourite 2000AD strip of all time to this day.

I managed to miss out on about 10 years worth or more when I stopped reading sometime in the 90s. I was originally drawn back into the fold in early 2007 when I began to notice the line of 'case files' style trade paperbacks Rebellion were releasing. All the early Judge Dredd? All of Nemesis? Strontium Dog? All collected in chronological order in these neat chunky volumes? It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

After that, of course because my interest had been rekindled, it wasn't long until I picked up a couple of issues of 2000AD and the Megazine just to check them out. I was really pleasantly surprised by what I found and realised straight away that they'd become a million times better and more 'grown up' than they were in the period when I stopped reading, and I subscribed to both pretty sharpish.

I've now caught up on a lot of the stuff I missed out on both through the graphic novel range and whatever I've been able to beg/borrow/steal. When reading through these forums, though, I still come across the occasional reference to a story I've never heard of. Rebellion seem to be doing a great job of reprinting all of the best stuff (at least all of the best stuff that doesn't have copyright or similar issues) so it's been a lot easier for me to catch up than it might have been in former times!

My thanks to the nice people at Rebellion for publishing neat stuff for me to spend money on!

Grant Goggans

Heya Mark.  Welcome to the board!

Bouwel

-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Kerrin

Devons Daddy

HELLO
so many new boarders these days.
its  like milton keynes here.

this is the finest place on the WWW.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

ThryllSeekyr

I wasn't going to say this, but seeing as thsi is a thread concering you.

I do think you look alot like Kevin Rudd our Prime Minister.

In fact, wasn't there that person called Kevin from Brisbane, who said hello on the board about a fornight ago?  :oops:

The Legendary Shark

Borag Thungg back atcha', Mark. Welcome aboard.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mark Taylor

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"I wasn't going to say this, but seeing as thsi is a thread concering you.

I do think you look alot like Kevin Rudd our Prime Minister.

In fact, wasn't there that person called Kevin from Brisbane, who said hello on the board about a fornight ago?  :oops:

My wife is Aussie and she said it never occurred to her but now that you come to mention it... Apparently it's okay because she votes Labour.

And thanks to everybody for all the kind grettings, BTW!

Peter Wolf

Evening.

DD wrote :" Its like Milton Keynes here."

Thats hardly a very good selling point is it ?

Dont take any notice of it.

:lol:
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

OpusAndBill

Boasting the efficacy of Oliver Wendell Jones' Hair Tonic.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Richmond Clements

Mark Taylor

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes... and I do like Gavin_Leahy's Mazeworld avatar, BTW.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana