Main Menu

...SO THEN, AFTER THE DREDD & ROGUE VIDEO GAME DOES REBELLION HAVE ANOTHER CHARACTER GAME IN DEVELOP

Started by ARRISARRIS, 02 June, 2007, 03:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurnard

Yeah I think Strontium Dog is the perfect choice for the next game, Time Bombs, Dimension Warps and a gronk to heal you would be superb.  

Peter Wolf

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

VampiraJen

i always thought an open structure (eg: GTA style) mega city 01 game would rock

bloodforthebaron

I'm still waiting for my Wulf (With Gronk) wave 2 Action Figure.

Yes, all for a Stront shooter.

Proudhuff

Its Zippy Couriers, everyone knows that, pah

Zipit-huff
DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

Like people have said, Stront is perfect for video game.

You've got NPC team-mates like Wulf and the Gronk.

Alpha's X-Ray vision, mind-reading to get the location of targets, gadgets galore.

The Killing seems like a great hook to base it around, or even pick and choose levels from various stories, like the Schickelgruber Grab.

- Steve

Peter Wolf

You  would earn extra cash and points if you deliver your bountys  [funny word that] unharmed etc at the end of each level.

Roger Godpleton

Slaine could be done as a Dynasty Warriors style hack n' slash (or as one reviewer put it "huh huh hunh") game.

I'd like to be Dante for a day.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mardroid

I'd like a Strontium Dog Shooter, but a 3rd person shooter not first person.  I can see where I'm going better in a 3rd person in 1st person's I always get confused for some reason.

I loved Rogue Trooper, but I found Dredd Vs Death a bit of a pain (although it wasn't bad).  

(Actually I got stuck on Rogue Trooper too. I got as far as where you have to defend a train and it seems impossible. It was fun up until then, and no doubt I'll have another bash at some point.)

I'm new to the comics so I've never read Strontium Dog, but from the blurb I've read on Johnny Alpha it sounds like a great game. As well as the cool weapons and time manipulation stuff, perhaps sidekick puzzles would be good too. You know, how in some games the main character has a special sidekick character with special abilities of their own you need to progress. Examples of such games, Evil Dead Regeneration, and Primal.  Doesn't Johnny Alpha have a little alien sidekick of some kind? I seem to remember reading about him.

Dark Jimbo

That'd be the Gronk.http://www.2000adonline.com/images/page/gronk.jpg">
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

What did anyone here think of the Judge  Dredd game ?         I thought it was good but a free roam  would have been better rather than being confined to a small area.  The same as scarface for example.   It just makes the game a lot more interesting and it lasts a lot longer.

Funt Solo

I thought it would have been better if the overall storyline were written by one of the good Dredd writers.  Say, Gordonn Rennnie, for example.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Peter Wolf

All these film companies etc .   more money than sense a lot of the time.

Funt Solo

What's that got to do with the Judge Dredd game?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Mike Carroll

I really enjoyed the Dredd game. The only drawbacks were the relatively small number of people in Mega-City One, the low polygon count for the characters, and the poor quality of some of the cut-scenes.

But it was a good shoot-em-up and for the most part the city looks great.

-- Mike