Main Menu

Prog 1807 - We love Gavin Leahy!

Started by Pete Wells, 27 October, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 October, 2012, 08:18:36 PM
I've just had a reread of the last few weeks, and I think I've figured out quite a bit of who's doing what and why, but one nagging question won't go away: [spoiler]Why did Dredd wait and let the list get transmitted? [/spoiler].

I wondered if Dredd finally twigged it was [spoiler]Jack Point's[/spoiler] voice and didn't want to mess up [spoiler]an undercover operation?[/spoiler]

Mikey

Quote from: Steve Green on 29 October, 2012, 03:47:54 PM
I'd love to see interviews with those concerned once the story has run its course.

Yup, I'll have a slice of that too.

Quote from: Pete Wells on 29 October, 2012, 09:13:18 PM
I've just had a reread of the last few weeks, and I think I've figured out quite a bit of who's doing what and why, but one nagging question won't go away: [spoiler]Why did Dredd wait and let the list get transmitted? [/spoiler].

I wondered if Dredd finally twigged it was [spoiler]Jack Point's[/spoiler] voice and didn't want to mess up [spoiler]an undercover operation?[/spoiler]

Maybe...seems too straightforward for this type of beefy, three strip stir fry they've cooked up for us.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Pete Wells

Just re-reading stuff now, thanks to Steve Green.

I started with the Dredd story Prog 1482, Dominoes. This introduces us to Domino Blank One, the City Worshiping Black Ops assassin...

Next stop was the Dredd story in Meg 245, called Splashdown. In this strip, Dredd is on a mission in the Atlantic to get an alien aquatic lifeform from a nasty pirate fella. The pirate is based in International waters so Dredd is up against operatives from Brit-Cit. Unbeknown to Dredd, Domino Blank One is also part of his crew. The mission goes tits up and DBO is forced to reveal her presence to Dredd, much to his disgust and anger.

It seems the aquatic alien creature has killed and absorbed all the crew and Dredd and DBO have to take it down. The involvement of a Black Ops agent causes a bit of an international incident so MC-1 have to give the alien's body to Brit-Cit by way of apology. However, when killing the beast, Domino laced it with nano technology that would beam Brit-Cit's findings straight back to MC1.

This second story - particularly the way Domino contacts Dredd through his headset and the nasty man with the fish (i.e. pirate with the alien aquatic lifeform) make me think the mystery voice/biscuit dunker the other week was Domino.

Right, off to read Family Man now...

Kerrin

Quote from: Pete Wells on 29 October, 2012, 09:13:18 PM

I'm thinking Dredd was [spoiler]in on the switch that the female Judge (forgotten the name and my brother's got the relevant prog) pulled with the statues[/spoiler] and it's a classic case of [spoiler]disinformation[/spoiler].

And, I thought as the whole subsection is titled [spoiler]SPOILERS[/spoiler] we didn't bother [spoiler]spoiler tagging[/spoiler] stuff in the prog thread. I almost certainly [spoiler]missed[/spoiler] something somewhere at some point so I'll [spoiler]play along[/spoiler] anyway.

Colin YNWA

Yeah at this point I suspect there's a hundred different permutations, but I reckon they'll be bluff and double bluff before we're done. Personally I reckon[spoiler] Dredd and Point are in on all this together to try to clear Point to get inside or some such[/spoiler]... though how that squares with the killing of the chief Wally I'm not sure... Good fun guessing though

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 29 October, 2012, 08:21:33 PM
Just noticed the tea dunking in low life! Dredd's mystery caller has more influence than I thought

and Bourbon Cream, flying ducks and smiles!!
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

The [spoiler]Teleporter[/spoiler] he visited may be the key?
DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

It's all to do with [spoiler]the 'off-camera' chat he had with biscuit dunker[/spoiler] a few weeks ago.
@jamesfeistdraws

Pioneer

Didn't Miss Ann Thropé switch the statues though, meaning the chip Jack sold and which was sent to Overdrive wasn't the genuine article?

Perhaps Dredd is in on this?

(Sorry about lack of spoiler tags, no function on Tapatalk)

JamesC

Am I the only person who doesn't know who Gavin Leahy is?

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: JamesC on 30 October, 2012, 02:07:43 PM
Am I the only person who doesn't know who Gavin Leahy is?

Probably not.

Pioneer

Dandontdare

DrJomster

I read Dredd last night and was left thinking "Ok.... Why all the love for 1807? I mean it's good and everything so far but people are really hyped about this..."

Finished the rest of the prog tonight...

Awesome.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

alphadogau

Dredd woolgathering again ?
Teleport static on the radio? ... hmm
Are we there yet?