Main Menu

The Rebellion Years Top 10 Series - Tournament

Started by broodblik, 13 June, 2020, 12:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Southstreeter

Bit late to this...

1. Brink
2. Shakara
3. Nikolai Dante
4. Caballistics
5. Kingdom
6. Strontium Dog
7. Sin Dex
8. Grey Area
9. The Order
10. Durham Red

No Pat Mills in that lot unfortunately, but he'd be packing out the next 10.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: sintec on 28 June, 2020, 09:21:02 PM
Quote from: Rogue Judge on 28 June, 2020, 04:03:15 PM
I hope we will get a second TPB of Jaegir soon.

Hachette have announced it as part of their extension - given their standard page counts I expect that'll cover all the material to date.  Not sure what that'll mean for a second trade.

Hmm I hope the Hachette release dosen't impact a second TPB. I have the first and want to continue the collection. The first TPB appeared to have a wide release (showed up on the shelves of bookstores like Chapters etc.) and a free issue download so I hope that there is a large enough public demand for future TPB volumes.

Also, I really hope to see a final TPB volume of Strontium Dog, collecting the final story. Please Tharg? I would like to finish that collection.

broodblik

Today is the last change to vote.

I will announce the winners  as follows:
- Wednesday the positions 6 - 10
- Thursday the positions 3 - 5
- Friday the Winner and Second place thrills plus the full list
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Updating my list since in an unforgivable brain fade I forgot the wondrous Jaegir:

1. Full Tilt Boogie
2. The Red Seas
3. Jaegir
4. Brass Sun
5. Stone Island
6. Zenith
7. Nikolai Dante
8. Kingmaker
9. Scarlet Traces
10. Thistlebone

broodblik

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 30 June, 2020, 02:09:41 PM
Today is the last change to vote.

I will announce the winners  as follows:
- Wednesday the positions 6 - 10
- Thursday the positions 3 - 5
- Friday the Winner and Second place thrills plus the full list

That's so exciting!

broodblik

broodblik

Positions 6 - 10:

6. Cradlegrave
7. Jaegir
8. Caballistics Inc
9. Brass Sun
10. Button Man

Colin YNWA

Cool two of the thrills I voted for placed already. Given the competition I'm chuffed both Cradlegrave and Brass Sun made the top ten.

Interesting to see Button Man there. I do think the fourth one is great - that is the only one from the Rebellion years right? - and it might get to my overall top ten but not Rebellion Years for me.

Caballistics Inc made my top 20 and I know how loved Jaegir is. Its going to be fascinatating to see the rest, have you considered popping them into their own results threads so they stand out more?

broodblik