Main Menu

dream prog

Started by Tu-plang, 06 April, 2005, 03:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tu-plang

Has this been done before?

Whats your dream prog?  What strips, what creators?  But it has to be realistic, i.e. could be a regular prog - but a really fucking good one.

Me:
Cover: Caballistics Inc. by Dom Reardon
Dredd: Wagner and Jock
Caballistics: Rennie and Reardon
something new by Edginton and D'Israeli
Savage: Mills and Adlard
Dante: Morrison and Fraser (Si)

Jared Katooie

"Has this been done before?"

Twice. Hehe.

Since then my dream prog has evolved to only containing Dredd by Wagner and Ezquerra.

Funt Solo

This is such a groovy idea that only a few unique individuals (nay, boffins!) have come up with the idea before.

Historically, the first genius to come up with the idea was the fabled Marbles way back in March 2004 with his Fantasy Line Up thread way back in March 2005 (remember those heady days?)

And now you, sir, have joined the ranks of our most austere club:  welcome and bless your large and imaginative brain.

I still like my first line-up, where creators aren't as important as stories, but here, to bless your wondrous thread, I present an updated version with creators added:

Judge Dredd: "The Taking Of Black Atlantic Tunnel Zoom 123"
__John Wagner & Brendan McCarthy
___The title says it all really:  an adventure based on Atlantis station as a kind of sequel to Atlantis (progs 485 to 488) and a homage to the movie "The Taking of Pelham 123"
ABC Warriors: "AWOL"
__Gordon Rennie & Clint Langley
___A series of shorter tales in which we see how the ABC Warriors spend their down-time.
Ukko The Thief: "The Wilderness Years"
__Pat Mills & Mike McMahon [in olde Slaine-mode]
___Basically, what did Ukko do whilst Slaine was playing with the Golamhs?
Family: "Origins"
__Rob Williams & Chris Blythe
___I loved the concept of this strip, and I want to see the origins.  The Godfather meets Marvel:  beautifully high concept.
Nikolai Dante: "Usurper"
__Robbie Morrison & Simon Fraser
___Nikolai stops farting about and does what he's supposed to do:  usurp control of the empire and exact bloody and damning revenge.  Not prancing around in a kilt with a ginger beard - the twat!  Calm down - I'm only joking.

(Droid Life: "Downtime")
___In which we see the Droids when they're off duty.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Adventurer

Personaly I prefer new stories with new consepts to new stories using old consepts.  More Trying new things, less writing another Caballistics Inc or Robo-Hunter tale.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK