Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 03 January, 2011, 04:18:10 PM
I'm genuinely saddened by this. Postlethwaite was a tremendously watchable actor, and only yesterday I saw him in JUMANJI! I didn't know he was in that till I heard him speak.

A real loss to modern film.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't in Jumanji to be honest.

He was one of my favourite actors. Seemed like he was a nice guy too.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 January, 2011, 06:17:15 AM
Mick Karn of Japan, yesterday evening from cancer!
Heard the back end of a conversation on Radio 2 late last night but could only just now verify it, as nothing on any news channels.

I wasnt aware that Mick Karn was ill so that was a surprise.Very sad but i recall an anecdote about Mick Karn and i forget who i was told it by but someone was in a recording/rehearsal studio [another bass player] and they overheard Mick Karn playing bass in the next room and they thought "Why do i bother ??" obviously discouraged because his bass playing was so good.

Heres a track in rememberance of Mick Karn :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8cb0iO8Vpg

Shame about Gerry Rafferty but i was aware he was an alcoholic and ill but i like City To City and Night Owl and Baker St is one of those tracks that takes me back to a ceertain time and place whenever i hear it.I always really liked the cover art of those albums as well.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Something Fishy

it's been a sad start to the year for sure.  Lots of greats passing on.

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Quote from: Lee Bates on 05 January, 2011, 09:43:32 AM
I'm pretty sure he wasn't in Jumanji to be honest.

Aye, I suspect the Bolt unit is thinking of his Great White Hunter turn in Jurassic Park 2.  Very sorry to hear of his passing, he enlivened anything he appeared in - even Dragonheart!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Richmond Clements

My Xbox. Four years of faithful service. RIP, my friend...

Anybody got a spare they'd like to donate..? Before I have to resort to reading and talking to people...

COMMANDO FORCES

Gary Mason (the boxer) hit by a van while cycling.

Kerrin

Major Dick Winters, the officer portrayed by Damien Lewis in 'Band of Brothers'.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Kerrin on 10 January, 2011, 07:38:18 AM
Major Dick Winters, the officer portrayed by Damien Lewis in 'Band of Brothers'.

Just read that this morning. The man was a genuine Hero. RIP>

Dunk!

92. Big bag of win for Dick Winters.
"Trust we"

Bolt-01

Sigh- In Jumanji- there is a scene where the Robin Williams character returns to his father factory to be told about his parents' death by a tramp who gives him clothes. The tramp is Pete Postlethwaite. It was his voice that made me look twice.

TordelBack

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 10 January, 2011, 11:07:31 AM
Sigh- In Jumanji- there is a scene where the Robin Williams character returns to his father factory to be told about his parents' death by a tramp who gives him clothes. The tramp is Pete Postlethwaite. It was his voice that made me look twice.

Wow! A quick look at the IMDB suggests that's uncredited, so good catch.

JohnMcF

Spaceghost

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 10 January, 2011, 11:07:31 AM

Bah! You win this round Bolt...
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...