Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: broodblik on 17 March, 2022, 04:16:51 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 17 March, 2022, 03:11:47 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 March, 2022, 09:00:00 PM
Just had two of my window paintings liked by Rufus fecking Dayglo. All I can think is, Jesus, man, have you not seen your own stuff yet?

That's so cool.

Jayzus it would be lovely if you could share the pictures on here as well

No bother.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ca1dw9KsHmm/?utm_medium=copy_link

And at the risk of being sued: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CapjitZMOZ2/?utm_medium=copy_link
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

paddykafka

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Just back from a mini break to Dublin. Which of course meant I had to look up Jayzuz B Christ for a pint or three. Top fella!

Had a great evening in some of the less leprechauny pubs, and the next day I tracked down his Dredd window  (pic doesn't do it justice, it was too sunny):

JayzusB.Christ

The pleasure was mine, fella!  A few midweek pints with a sound lad and a chance to chat about the prog and the message board - that's what I call a decent evening🙂

Hope to do it again some time! (And I'm fairly sure I counted four pints, not three ☺)

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I just finished the last ever exam I'll ever have to do for the rest of my life*. This is slightly tempered by the fact that, after avoiding it for so long, I'm back in the office on Thursday.

Ignoring that, I would highly recommend the Open University to anyone thinking of doing a masters and I don't doubt their undergrad courses are excellent too.

*unless I have failed it and have to do a resit. Or I lose my mind and decide to do another completely different degree. Or if I completely lose my mind altogether and do a PhD, but I'm pretty sure PhD students don't have to do stressful things like exams.
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

Congrats, Pops!

I remember a while ago (it'll be something like two decades) someone on the board having a go at people for having more than one degree - they had the idea that it was greedy. Then someone explained that there are different levels of degree. It was a great revelation!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

Quote from: Mister Pops on 07 June, 2022, 07:29:52 PM
I just finished the last ever exam I'll ever have to do for the rest of my life*.

It's the dreams you've to worry abut for the rest of your life, Pops. The dreams.

Congrats by the way.  :thumbsup:

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Link Prime on 08 June, 2022, 09:27:18 AM

It's the dreams you've to worry abut for the rest of your life, Pops. The dreams.

This is no joke. I still dream I am about to sit an accountancy exam. An exam I sat and passed 27 years ago, but have no idea how I did it.

But it's not really the dream you need to worry about. It's the dread when you wake and think "shit, do I have an exam today?"
Lock up your spoons!

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 June, 2022, 03:29:08 PM

This is no joke. I still dream I am about to sit an accountancy exam. An exam I sat and passed 27 years ago, but have no idea how I did it.

But it's not really the dream you need to worry about. It's the dread when you wake and think "shit, do I have an exam today?"

Well this morning I woke up with a beast if a hangover. I think I still prefer that to exam anxiety

Angry Vince

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 08 June, 2022, 03:29:08 PM

That is, no crap, an actual thing - I did my degree and then a post-grad a long time ago. Each year I have 6-12 exams in November. The first year after I finished the post-grad, I woke up one early November night in cold sweats because I hadn't studied.
And then spent about five minutes having a panic as I tried to figure out what I was having first.
Took a while to climb down from the panic that night.

The following November I woke up to the same panic. Rolled over, thought 'you're back again, you bastard' and went back to sleep.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Just a wee update.

I got my degree.

Now my degree of self-doubt and ignorance is officially quantized.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]