Main Menu

The SCRAP ain't so crap.

Started by death monkey 23, 08 October, 2002, 09:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

death monkey 23

I'm quite enjoying this particular miserable filler piece of trash.  It's quite good, it's got nice horrorism and a pinch of post-self-ironicprecatory humour.  

Only thing is, does it conclude this issue?  It's not exactly an epic if so, is it?  Can't really go anywhere.

Puck

Actually I think it's a really promising new strip. I think it's great to be honest. I love the way the background story has been told without slowing down the strip and making it boring. Really good writing imho!

Oddboy

Not just promising - it delivers.  Top notch Si!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Slippery PD

If I EVER get prog 1312......  Id say that Scrap is the best debut of the year.  Si has done us all proud on this.  Dont know if theres scope for a sequal......

But I will say Im looking forward to his next project.  What was it?  Lobster Random???  
Cheers for Scrap Si.  

- yer Slippo

Pagangirl

Not just a great story, but a great world setup. Could we have more of this story and perhaps some one off stories set in this world, it could be a major rival to Dredd.

Oddboy

What's wrong with you people????

The current Thrill Power votes stand at

The Scrap 6.57
Sinister Dexter 6.83

I've voted 10 & 1 respectively, why haven't YOU?

Art

Maybe the readers out there WANT more crap like Sin/DEx, and don't want anything more challenging like The Scrap. If thats not the case they should bloody well get off their asses and VOTE on it now.

Wood

Halo Jones wasn't wildly popular until near the end of the second series, you know.

2000AD Online

er could there be a second series o the scrap with the way it ended?

El Spurioso

You'll note that I called it "the SCRAP", and not "Soma Maliss"... ;)

But no plans at the mo.

Tiplodocus

Just to prove there's always one naysayer in everythread (normally Caliber).

I thought it was OK but I didn't like the ending. I'm giving it 5.5 at best.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

malkymac

I liked it very much. The only thing was that it seemed like a really hurried ending, but that might have been down to the double length episode (the recent JD story 'Sin City' had the same problem I thought) but nice work nonetheless.

I thought it was original and used the artists stengths well.

sigu

Mr Tips, you're not the Mister Tips who left Royston Vasey to seek his fortune in Londinium last night are you?

S

Oddboy

Gah! Don't torment me with your Gentlemanly televisual entertainment!

Yes, I missed it last night.
I might get to see it next week but I won't see the 2 weeks following so I'm chalking this series up to 'must get the video' (like I had to for the last 2 series as well).

What can I say?  I'm not too good with TVs.
Saw the last 3 episodes of Buffy series 6 last night though - WOW!

Tiplodocus

No. But I'm sure some horrible fate awaits me (deservedly).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!