Main Menu

Trivial Dredd Bits

Started by Dounreay, 26 October, 2002, 04:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dounreay

Any answers?

1. When exactly did Dredd write this book "Comportment" then? The man never seems to have a spare minute.

2. Have you ever seen a lawmaster with the sidestand down when parked? I haven't. How do they stay up?

3. Why does white bread make a better sausage sandwich than brown?

My apologies for the above. I've been up since vvvveeerrrryyyy early. It's going to be a long day. Only thrill power (and sausages) can save me now.  

Tu-plang

1.  While he was on the John.

2. Um, thick wheels?  you know, like tractor thickness, so the bike just sort of stands.

3. The troll gods.

The Amstor Computer

Well, Dredd seems to have time to take nice, long baths, so maybe he wrote it then?

karne

1. I wrote it, Dredd just took the credit for it.

2. Very well considering the weight of them.

3. It doesn't.

opaque

I'm sure I saw some flashback saying that Dredd wrote his books (on paper no less) whilst a cadet.

DavidXBrunt

What a great story that sounds like.

DavidXBrunt

Actually, now that I think about it there's a bit in 'The Savage Amusement' that does go over the writing of it....And you are right. He was a student, and it was on paper. His flat apparantly has copies of every edition of the book.

karne

Whatever happened to "a Judge should have no personal effects or possessions" or is this ok if it's to do with the law?

W. R. Logan

> 1. When exactly did Dredd write this book "Comportment" then? The man never seems to have a spare minute.

Always took it that Dredd's comportment was just his annotations written amongst his many law books, Dredd's personal take on the Law and how a Judge should act. The annotations were then collated together and used as an unofficial aid by Judges and cadets.
In Necropolis we see Kraken in Dredd's apartment reading through Dredd's lawbooks and see Dredd's notes in the margins of the books.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/2000ad/mediumres/669.jpg">

Dounreay

Ta for the info on the book issue. The image of Dredd sitting in the bath scribbling away is choice.

Still leaves the bike sidestand thing. Is there a special Academy of Law course in bike balancing. Can I have a copy of the course notes please?

Tiplodocus

Given that the bike is capable of driving itself, can't you just assume that it is capable of keeping itself upright with some gyroscope type thing.

Dropped my Thiundercat the other week when I mistakenly thought the sidestand was down.  One indicator, one mirror and a tiny puncture in the fairing meant a bill of ?320.  Needless to say that gaffer tape was used to affect the repairs instead of the official Yamaha products.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dounreay

A self righting thingymabob could be the answer. Only you do see the odd parked lawmaster leaning over with no stand. Maybe the gyro-thingy doesn't work as well as it should.

Sory about your Cat. The joys of fully faired bikes and genuine spares and all that.

Matt Timson

Can't answer the first two- but white bread is definately superior.  Mainly because it's doughier.  Is that a word?
Pffft...

Woolly

Woolly

Oh yeah, while were all going on about the bikes, what about the floaty things Dredd used when posted on lunar one? Surely theyd come in usefull in MC1? And why dont judges use their respirators anymore? or heatseeker bullets?