Main Menu

Megazine Reprints

Started by MOONSHINE, 01 November, 2002, 07:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOONSHINE

What about reprinting the strontium dog story 'the final solution' in which Johhny kicks the bucket.

No more reprints of relatively recent things like Preacher or Hellboy. Most comic fans will probably have the originals or collected editions.

How about original stuff from Toxic or Crisis? Both shortlived comic serials put together by creators familiar to 2000AD readers.

Devons Daddy

which story was that.
now i dont know which 2000ad your reading but i dont ever remeber this sort of thing happening.

i may be wrong, but as far as im concerned johhny never died. he took a long and well deserved rest and the gronk made him all better again,
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Art

Hmm... I'd be interested in seing Mutomaniac again, maybe even the first Accident Man story. Leave Marshal Law well alone though, it's cursed.

gavinhanly

I've been putting together a 2000AD site over the past few weeks - and now need some traffic and opinions!

So if you get a chance - please take a look and tell me what you think.  I get the feeling I may be throwing myself to the lions here - but what the hell.

The URL is www.2000adreview.co.uk

Link: 2000AD Review

DavidXBrunt

I'd be up for seeing that Ron Smith drawn strip that was never used. It can't be too bad. Ron drew it.

McNulty

Ron Smith did a Strontium Dog strip? When was this, when it was still in Starlord? I want to see it! After all, we got to see Ezquerra's take on BAD Company...

Wake

I think he means Chronos Carnival Book 3, not Strontium Dog!

Wake

DavidXBrunt

Yes. Should have made that clear. Although Ian Gibson drew a couple of eps of Stronty for Starlord.

McNulty

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. Concerning Chronos Carnival - this may be unpopular, but I have nothing against this strip. It wasn't exactly what would be termed a classic, but it certainly wasn't the worst thing I have read. I quite enjoyed this strip actually.

Link: http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~rjamieson/Cal-Hab/index.html" target="_blank">The A-Z of Cal-Hab

Woolly

How about reprinting some classic 'Scream' stuff? The 13th floor springs to mind. And what about the missing Big Dave.........?

P.S. Chronos Carnival? You cant polish a turd!

karne

Unfortunately The 13th Floor was about the only thing "Scream" had going for it. The other "top" stories Monster and Dracula were hardly attention grabbers, possibly what made Max's exploits seem so entertaining. The only other thing of note was the series of one-off stories featuring art from McCarthy, Dillon, Parkhouse, Ron Smith and Cam Kennedy to name a few, but even these would look out of place in the Megazine. I'm still with the "Reprint Action Faction" Where the Meg's concerned.

Tu-plang

David Bishop would know something about the missing Big Dave wouldn't he?  I'd not heard of it until Matt Smith (oops.. Tharg) mentioned it a few progs back.  Seeing as it was apparently too un-PC to be published in 2k, it would be right at home in the hardcore Meg of today.

If this was reprinted we'd need to reprint the rest of the series for the benefit of people like me who've never read and Big Dave.

alphadogau

I wouldnt mind seeing some of the original Indigo Prime stories ( wernt these future shocks or something).
Wasnt Tranny Rex tied into these stoies in some way. I vaguly remember reading a story that there was a story planned for Crisis involving here character?

I loved Killing Time, and while I dont think a direct sequel would be a good idea I'd love to see more stories based around these concepts/chracters.
Are we there yet?

davidbishop

"David Bishop would know something about the missing Big Dave wouldn't he? I'd not heard of it until Matt Smith (oops.. Tharg) mentioned it a few progs back."

The  Big Dave story (including a short bit about the banned strip and several other Big Dave story ideas that never got commissioned for being too much - you'll see what I mean when you read them) gets revealed in TPO #11. That's in the Megazine (201, formerly 4.19) published in December - along with a 5000 word interview with IPC comics boss John Sanders that should ruffle a few feathers.

Tee hee. I love my job.

davidbishop

Tu-plang

"The Big Dave story gets revealed in TPO #11..."

Does that mean the story is printed there, or just a few frames on a sidebar?

Here's hoping it's the whole story.