Main Menu

Fiends! Past Imperfect!

Started by JimBob, 03 November, 2002, 11:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

Not been here for a while a few recent thoughts;

Just like to say how muchg I loved this months Durham Red story, particularly the art. We need a full colour Carlos Major Eazy/Strontium Dog crossover story now and I can die happy.
 Oh and Past Imperfect was interesting this month for the suggestion that Nixon wasn't all bad. Quick comparison of George W Bush and JFK.
 1. Electoral shiftiness.
Bush - Florida
JFK and the mob.

2. War Madness

Afghanistan/ Irag

Cuba / Vietnam

Also they both appear to be controlled by their dodgy Fathers ( abd any one whos ever read Joe Kennedys views on Jews and Nazism and know of his Mob connections may find Bush snr positivly saintly in comparison).
so why is Kennedy a hero and Bush slagged as a Moron, anyone? Maybe he died at the right time?

Art

Can you imagine Bush and his whacky lets-have-the-apocalypse-right-now mates being in power during the Cuban Missile crisis? I seriously doubt we'd all be here right now...

Woolly

Its scary enough with Bush in power anyway! That guys got a serious problem.

Jayzus B. Christ

I think Past Imperfect is A1, Sharon. When did Future Shocks ever inspire this level of debate? Even Vector 13 got very boring after a while, replacing Illuminati / New World Order stories with grey aliens, over and over again.  Mind you, I saw David Ike give a lecture once, and he REALLY believed the Illuminati had taken over the world. I'm rambling. sorry. Past Imperfect is good, anyway.

Smiley

We need a full colour Carlos Major Eazy/Strontium Dog crossover story now and I can die happy.

Fantastic idea, copper!

It'd never happen, mind. In a perfect world it would be in the xmas Megazine, make a nice addition to the reprints of 'Darkie's Mob' and 'Fiends Of The Eastern Front', and any naysayers who reckon Strontium Dog is tired retro-fodder recycling old stories (in this case 'The Shicklegruber Grab') could get stuffed.

Besides which, some sort of fitting tribute to James Coburn's influence on Ezquerra's characters is in order. Wonder if they'll cross paths with Jim DiGriz doing the same time-job for the Special Corps? Hell, even a pin-up featuring the lot would do me.

Failing that, it'd be fun to see a story where Alpha gets sent on a time-job and ends up hunting El Mestizo.

HiEx

Tiplodocus

Johnny Alpha whipping RAT PACK into shape (or whipping their arses) would be good also.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!